Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi Ray

No, I have not done your test route yet, but I am hoping to this evening. It is simply that we made a special routine to combat this mag var error in FSX, and I thought it was solved and don't see it here, but it seems like customers are still having problems which is a bit concerning. . . . . will try your route... I am hoping others did make the updates correctly and are not by mistake running old builds.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Jonathan Richardson

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanRichardson View Post
    Hi Ray

No, I have not done your test route yet, but I am hoping to this evening. It is simply that we made a special routine to combat this mag var error in FSX, and I thought it was solved and don't see it here, but it seems like customers are still having problems which is a bit concerning. . . . . will try your route... I am hoping others did make the updates correctly and are not by mistake running old builds.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Hi Jonathan,

I look forward to hearing how things went. On the subject of newer builds I confess to not having updated for a while. Looking through the changes link for the MCP and FMC/CDU I can't see any reference to this bug having been addressed. Which release purported to have fixed it?
    Ray
    3 miles east of EGCC - home to British Airways Concorde 'Alpha Charlie'

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Ray

I did not see anything unexpected on this first test (see images) but I will re-run it - one flight is not a conclusive test.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonathan Richardson

4. Thanks Ray Proudfoot thanked for this post

Hi Ray

I did not see anything unexpected on this first test (see images) but I will re-run it - one flight is not a conclusive test.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the test and the screenshots. They show conclusively to me you're not experiencing this turning-in problem. I've never been able to fly that route in a straight line.

Can you confirm you are running the latest builds available to me?

GC460 26/11/08
    MCP434 4/12/08
    CDU400 24/8/08

I will try the same flight later this week once we've established you're running with these builds.

If I still get the problem perhaps you can consider what we next need to check is different in our systems. Is there any logging facility available to me?
    Ray

150+ Forum Groupie

GC460 26/11/08
    MCP434 4/12/08
    CDU400 24/8/08

Hi Ray

Afirm.

>If I still get the problem perhaps you can consider what we next need to check is different in our systems. Is there any logging facility available to me?[/QUOTE]

Well I hope you don't! In anycase, even though I have not seen this in the sim in FSX recently, I have been looking at testing other things relating to FSX and not this speicifc area, so I have not flown enough of this type of route to say yet 100% the error can't be seen.

Just to be sure, can you also give me a sequence of how you enter the route and select runways / sid/star just to be sure there is not a disconnect somewhere between procedures. I don't think so - but you never know.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Jonathan Richardson

GC460 26/11/08
    MCP434 4/12/08
    CDU400 24/8/08

Hi Ray

Afirm.
    Good. I'll load those versions before my test.

Just to be sure, can you also give me a sequence of how you enter the route and select runways / sid/star just to be sure there is not a disconnect somewhere between procedures. I don't think so - but you never know.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    I 'cheat' when I enter the route. I use the facility provided by Enrico to load the last plan saved in FS. This will also include the SID waypoints. For 23R at EGCC those would include the WAL.1R waypoints.

However, the problems start after WAL so the SID isn't really an issue with this test. I could exclude it, fly direct WAL and then still get the problem.

But that was with older builds so I will try with those above in a day or two and report back. The plan is freely available should others wish to try it and report back. The more the merrier.

Fingers crossed!
    Ray

150+ Forum Groupie

>I 'cheat' when I enter the route. I use the facility provided by Enrico to load the last plan saved in FS. This will also include the SID waypoints. For 23R at EGCC those would include the WAL.1R waypoints.

Hi Ray

Fine I would think, as long as there is no navdata error / change subsequently / miss-match. If plans are saved, and then subsequently navdata changes are made, perhaps this is more the area of concern.

> But that was with older builds so I will try with those above in a day or two and report back. The plan is freely available should others wish to try it and report back. The more the merrier.

When you say avialable, you mean as a download on this website somewhere? As I just did two more tests with no errors, perhaps I should load this plan then and cross check - may be it is okay - but worth checking. It does not explain other customer reports on different routes of course, but I wonder if they are recalling saved routes as well... or simply it os fixed after all (I hope!!)

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta

Fingers crossed! [/QUOTE]
    Jonathan Richardson

10+ Posting Member

I insist, Mr. Jonathan, tests please flying in TRK MAG mode in the ND.
    Route LEZL VIBAS UM985 SOPET UN609 MATEX LEBL, I have flown it infinity of times and from VIBAS and in each WPts of the route the problem ALWAYS takes place that I have described to him in previous post , but flying in TRK MAG

This is only a route example, because the problem appears anywhere of the world that flies.

FS9 works fine.

Thanks

Israel Abril Fernández

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi

I tried MAG/TRU, it makes no difference here - and it should not. I'm afraid I can't fly every single route at this time. Please however, post a screen shot of this error.

You are 100% sure everything is up to date in terms of software builds, FSX, FSUIPC, PM Software? You have no miss-match of data, you tried entering this route manually in case you updated data and a waypoint is no longer there or something? I.e. don't recall a saved route for this type of test as we are trying to figure out if the software has an error (which I don't see) - I'm erring at the moment on another reason for peoples troubles re their updates or route recalls, but I'm still an open book on this one! I'd prefer clear information than just having to try various different routes because this type of chasing an error that might not even be there is sucking up a lot of time right now...

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Jonathan Richardson

10+ Posting Member

Hi.
    FSX is updated. Use the last version registered of FSUIPC . PM update. As data base of navigation use AIRAC last cycle published and downloaded of Navigraph. The route… well, this I am going to behind schedule prove it this, because times volume the flight plan generated by Route Finder (registered version), I generate a flight plan for FSx and I keep the directory where the flights in FSX are stored, introduce soon in FMC (CDU) using option COROUTE.
    Greetings.

Israel Abril Fernández

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast