Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Heli Builder
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Very nice shell !! Looks like I will be able to use this for my PC-9M.
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Yep, looks like it would do great with a T-6A or PC-9M build

150+ Forum Groupie

Thanks guys.

The plans will be plotted full size on "kraft" paper, so you'll end up with a rolled sheet that's about 80" long (the cockpit is 73" long including the two 1/2" thick end caps).

The plans will have 3 copies each of the cockpit side ribs (2 different types) as well as the parts for the optional monitor deck, windscreen and canopy framing.

I'll also be offering an optional set of 1/4" thick templates that can either be used as a traceing tool, or as a bearing guide to allow you to cut the parts out with a 1/4" router bit. (there is a special 1/4" bit out there that's got a small roller bearing on the end that's 1/4" as well - this will be required if you're going to use a router - they're about $10. The instructions will include a link to a website where they're sold)

I'll also be giving out the CAD files for the instrument panel outlines so people can design the layout they want more easily. These will be offered in a number of different AutoCAD DWG formats as well as DXF.

One thing you should consider - you don't HAVE to build it according to the plans. Using the two rib types (one type for the cockpit area that has a flat to support a canopy rail and another "standard" rib), you can build pretty much any type you want. For instance, the "Jet Fighter" version of this uses the exact same sides as the current example, but the center core is wider and the forward turtle-deck and aft cockpit arch are wider at the base to accomodate this extra width. You could choose to build yourself something like a T6-II that has two cockpits inline just by building more rib sections and attaching them together. In fact, I'll be encouraging this kind of thing. The cockpit plan set is only a starting point - but it gets you over the hardest part - the shell itself.

g.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12