Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing 757 Project

Hey People.

Im new here, So i hope this is the right place to ask a few questions.

Well, After Getting rather bored with my flight simulator set up (Saitek Yoke, Throttle Qaudrant, And rudder Pedals) I think its time to embrace the world of cockpit simulator building.

Im a huge 'Fan' So to speak of the Boeing 757-200, And would love to make a flight deck to replicate this aircraft with as much detail as possable.

So well, Heres a couple of qeustions to help get me started.

1. Can anyone reference any other Boeing 757/767 cockpit builders websites ?
    2. Ive noticed that the 2 most avalible projects are the A320 and 737NG, Because alot of websites have cockpit parts avilible for these aircraft, But where can i find parts for the Boeing 757/767 ?
    3. How much would Project Magneta Charge for there 757 Layout ?

Thats it for now Hope someone can help me get started.

Thank you.

Michael.

Kristoffer
    1. Can anyone reference any other Boeing 757/767 cockpit builders websites ?
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...tbuilders/join Community for B767 builders

2. Ive noticed that the 2 most avalible projects are the A320 and 737NG, Because alot of websites have cockpit parts avilible for these aircraft, But where can i find parts for the Boeing 757/767 ?
    I buy my parts from Flightdeck solutions. There will come more parts for 767 in the future. Mail PCos at FDS and ask if hi could modify the 767 panel in to 757. http://www.flightdecksolutions.com

3. How much would Project Magneta Charge for there 757 Layout ?
    I don't know. But you can use the Level-D SDK with Nico´s lekseecon or FSCONV to access the Offsets.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Michael.

You will find that the 767 and 757 flight decks are very close to one another.
    Off the top of my head I can only think of a couple of differences.

I am currently building a 767-300ER based on the Level-D in Stafford. I tried Peter Cos at Flight Deck Solutions about 14 months ago for 767 stuff and placed orders for his new Pro-M FMC. He then turned round 6 months later and told me he wouldnt supply it and refunded my deposit (which is fair enough, I was very angry at the time but now I can understand that he was exceptionally busy and something had to give). I do recommend you try him all the same. Times change etc and he is IMHO the best!

What I am using is 6mm MDF for my MIP as it is easy to shape. I am then using 3x 15.4" widescreen TFT monitors for the CPT EHSI/ADI, EICAS and FO EHSI/ADI. I then spent about £1000 on Flight Illusion gauges for the deck. These are excellent! I didnt want to use monitors where monitors dont exist in the real thing so these gauges allowed me to keep it a little more real. I got my FMC from Engravity which connects straight into the Level-D 767. I would not presume that the FMC would connect to their 757 they are working on. I got my MCP from command flightware in New Zealand but I think mine was the last one (and it was a 747 MCP but luckily it is a genuine option that Boeing allow so I can still claim authentisity). Check them out, they might have more. I bought 2 yokes from Dodiano here in the forums. These again are excellent. Search his username and ask him if he has more.
    I am using OpenCockpits, SIOC and Lekseecon to connect the hardware to the software and it is all pretty straight forward. If you havent seen this site then it may be worth a look http://www.simpit.de/b767dim/index.html

I think that just about covers it except to say welcome to this extreemly intersting and expensive hobby. Hope it all goes well. I also offer an invitation for you to come and visit my sim as I must live only about 40 miles from you. (I warn you that it is NOWHERE near done yet)

Quote Originally Posted by tomenglish2000 View Post
    Hi Michael.

You will find that the 767 and 757 flight decks are very close to one another.
    Off the top of my head I can only think of a couple of differences.

I am currently building a 767-300ER based on the Level-D in Stafford. I tried Peter Cos at Flight Deck Solutions about 14 months ago for 767 stuff and placed orders for his new Pro-M FMC. He then turned round 6 months later and told me he wouldnt supply it and refunded my deposit (which is fair enough, I was very angry at the time but now I can understand that he was exceptionally busy and something had to give). I do recommend you try him all the same. Times change etc and he is IMHO the best!

What I am using is 6mm MDF for my MIP as it is easy to shape. I am then using 3x 15.4" widescreen TFT monitors for the CPT EHSI/ADI, EICAS and FO EHSI/ADI. I then spent about £1000 on Flight Illusion gauges for the deck. These are excellent! I didnt want to use monitors where monitors dont exist in the real thing so these gauges allowed me to keep it a little more real. I got my FMC from Engravity which connects straight into the Level-D 767. I would not presume that the FMC would connect to their 757 they are working on. I got my MCP from command flightware in New Zealand but I think mine was the last one (and it was a 747 MCP but luckily it is a genuine option that Boeing allow so I can still claim authentisity). Check them out, they might have more. I bought 2 yokes from Dodiano here in the forums. These again are excellent. Search his username and ask him if he has more.
    I am using OpenCockpits, SIOC and Lekseecon to connect the hardware to the software and it is all pretty straight forward. If you havent seen this site then it may be worth a look http://www.simpit.de/b767dim/index.html

I think that just about covers it except to say welcome to this extreemly intersting and expensive hobby. Hope it all goes well. I also offer an invitation for you to come and visit my sim as I must live only about 40 miles from you. (I warn you that it is NOWHERE near done yet)
    thank you for your detailed response

Never even thought of making the panels out of MDF, What a very good idea, And thanks for the link, looks handy. I'll defo have a look into building this sim. Hehe i bet it will take quite a while to make, but when its done it'll last you a long time Still looking at the B737NG Aswell, The amount of parts avilible for that is amazing, Just a 20 minute search found me just about everything i'd need for around £5,000 - £7,000, and a beauty of a throttle for 2,200 euros (Motorized). Cant wait to start purchasing and making my simpit

Thanks for the response's guys.

best of luck with your cockpit tomenglish2000.

Michael

Hey Chaps,

Just noticed your both just down the road from me, im up in Preston, I have a real MIP from a 767-200 and a whole feast of parts so you are both more than welcome to pop down with a measuring tape for a chat and a brew, should help you along

Phil

6. Thanks FCA757200, tomenglish2000 thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

Hey Phil thats an amazing offer. Will definately keep that in mind. Thanks!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Check e-Bay under a Boeing search. There are two B-757/67 circuit breaker panels being auctioned at a starting price of $50 each.

Good seller. I've bought a lot from him.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!