Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Squawkbox Software.

Hi, I have known about squawkbox for a long while now but because i don't have an internet connection i can't download it (But now im thinking of getting an interenet connection for this - as the realism this adds is great.)

However i'm in the UK can you still download this?

And my second question is does it require VATSIM to funtion? Which is better?

And if anyone has any experiences (positive or negative!) of either of these programmes please let me know.

Thanks very much..
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Squawkbox

what oh Gez........
    squawkbox is the program that is going to connect you to the vatsim network. the vatsim network connects online pilots and airtraffic controllers so the pilot can be 'controlled' in any phase of flight as long as there is a controller online covering that paticular phase. e.g. a centre, an approach, tower etc.
    you get squawkbox from http://www.squawkbox.ca
    very highly recommended because quite rightly, the interaction really adds to the reality factor. be brave chap, go for it ...
    best regards ... ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Is there a liklihood of there being no Air traffic controllers online or at a particular centre etc. Where i wouldn't be able to make contact because there isn't anyone so the flight would be ruined.

What happens there..
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

That's always possible depending upon the time of day and the area. Europe is probably pretty busy right now, but the US may be slow as everyone is at work or school.

Sometimes it's a catch 22 situation. Controller won't log on because they don't see any flight plans or pilots in their area and pilots won't log on because they don't see any controllers.

Check the VATSIM and IVAO controller schedules to see when some of them work regularly. There are also event days on IVAO like German Day on Tuesdays (I think, it's been awhile) and others. There are also many controller exams that take place throughout the week and they love the traffic. The more the better.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!