Thread: PM and FSX

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PM and FSX

Hi,

after 2 day´s of installation a new computer and FSX i give up. Befor 3 day´s my old FS9 SIM computer was going defect and I decided to change to Vista64 and FSX.

FSX alone running fine, but with PM I have big problems. Using the default 737-800 from the FSX I have big problems. After airborne pitch goes up to 6000 or greater and speed the same no chance to hold Vr +20. By using Autopilot and LVCHG the same speed is not correct holded, overshooting speed and pitch is up to 5000 or greater for a change of 2000 feet at example. So it´s impossible to fly.

Is someone here running FSX with PM and Boeing Suite?
    Are there other with such problems?

I dont know how to search the failures, something must go wrong.

Thanks

Roland

Hi,

1.) flight dynamics of default aircraft are very bad.
    2.) you need http://www.projectmagenta.com/downlo...737-800_V4.zip

3.) latest fsuipc http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowso...mestamp=160708

Quote Originally Posted by RGroebl View Post
    Hi,

after 2 day´s of installation a new computer and FSX i give up. Befor 3 day´s my old FS9 SIM computer was going defect and I decided to change to Vista64 and FSX.

FSX alone running fine, but with PM I have big problems. Using the default 737-800 from the FSX I have big problems. After airborne pitch goes up to 6000 or greater and speed the same no chance to hold Vr +20. By using Autopilot and LVCHG the same speed is not correct holded, overshooting speed and pitch is up to 5000 or greater for a change of 2000 feet at example. So it´s impossible to fly.

Is someone here running FSX with PM and Boeing Suite?
    Are there other with such problems?

I dont know how to search the failures, something must go wrong.

Thanks

Roland
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

25+ Posting Member

Hi Roland,

Have you checked the NOTAM on the PM site, update section and after PM NOTAM? I've founded the following information :

"At this time, to use the MCP software with FSX you will have to disable the AP gauge in the FSX panel.cfg of the aircraft type you are using for flight with the PM / MCP software. Generally if not using a panel at all in MSFS, then the only section you need in the panel.cfg is the section referring to [VIEWS] everything else can be deleted. Please *always* keep a back-up of your original files in case you have to revert back.

Make sure you have this line in your FSUIPC4.ini (only FSX)

[General] section

FiddleMachForPM=Yes"

Hope it'll be the solution for your problem.

Good flights with PM

Best Regards from Belgium

Marco
    Marc Manandise
    www.manandise.be

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    thanks for fast replys.

Yes the latest FSUIPC was installed, CDU File from PM Side also installed and yes this line was entered in the FSUIPC config.

It´s very strange and I think I will do an rollback to FS9.

Regards

Roland

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Are you using the right version of FSUIPC? FSX uses a differant FSUIPC which you have to purcase. It is not the same program you use in FS9.
    Bob Reed

25+ Posting Member

Hi Bob,

yes it´s the right version 4.4.

Regards

Roland

300+ Forum Addict

Rate of Climb??

For the Guys using FSX & PM,

I had the issues with the throttles, but that is solved. However, I see what Roland is seeing; the climb rate shoots up to 6000 FPM.

Here is exactly how I setup everything, so if I'm wrong please tell me:

1. Program CDU with Orgin/Dest KLSE-KMSP Via FGT FL1100
    2. Ident the B737-800 (the same as Acilles aforementioned B738-7B26.txt)
    3. Check POS
    4. verify Route
    5. Select PERF INIT
    6. Put in the numbers for ZFW=108.6, FUEL=22.8, Fuel Reserves=5, Cost Index=99, Crz Alt=11000, Enter OAT= -7 C,
    7. Goto N1 Limit select TO1 and CLB 1 =87.1 N1 Set T/R=800 (tried 1000 also)
    8. Select TAKEOFF enter Flaps 10 (also tried 5 and 15) check V1=129, VR=130, V2=142
    Values of 26.3K N1=83.6/83.6 CG=50% Pre-Flight Complete shows in CDU
    9. Select Departure and Select RWY 36
    10. Set MCP Values IAS MACH=250 (tried 162 that's V2+20), HDG= 358 (true Rwy Hdg), ALT=5000 (initial and also tried 11000), A/T ARM, F/D On
    11. Set BARO=30.35 (Field 660FT), Set Flaps 10, RTO set, Pitot Heat On, Y/D On, Lights on
    12. FMA reports ARM_BLANK_BLANK
    13. Select TOGA, FMA reports THR REF_BLANK_TO/GA, MCP lights up N1 and HDG SEL, EICAS Shows D-TO 1 (in green) and 83.6 over both engines N1 (in green), and shows TRIM 8.5, T/O Roll begins
    14. V1, VR Rotate to 15 degrees (3 degrees/sec), Postivie Climb, Gear up, Flaps Up at numbers
    15. FMA=THR HLD_HSG SEL_TO/GA, then ARM_HDG SEL_TO/GA
    16. At 800 AGL (tried 1000) and when I select CMD A (CMD Shows in PFD) this is where weird stuff starts:

17. FMA shows THR REF_HDG SEL_MCP SPD
    18. The IAS changes to 162 (although I set it too 250kts); however, I'm at 218 kts already because this is what TO/GA (N1) had put me at and the rate of climb goes up to 25 degrees and shows 6100 FPM.
    19. Since the IAS is now 162 deceleration drops to 208kts and rate of climb backs down to 5100 FPM. FMA Shows MCP SPD_HDG SEL_ALT ACQ.
    20. Level off and deceleration to 174, 165, 163, and then I reset it to 250 kts because its going to slow. Now it gradually accelerates to 250 (as if it should be in a climb, but I'm level at 5000.

I have all the latest updates of:

FSUIPC 4.40/WideFS 6.7, PM (GC, CDU, MCP)
    Navigraph CG, CDU Data as Dec 1, 2008
    WINXP Pro
    FSX SP2

Add-Ons Aircraft Collection and Ultimate Traffic 2007,
    and I use the B737-800 default aircraft with a Northwest Livery (livery only).

I do have the changes made to the Aircraft panel.cfg, the FSUIPC.ini FiddleMachForPM=Yes and the tweaks for FSX for AutoGen of Trees and the others that deal with scenery. And, if I didn't say this already, I am using the FDS MCP with G2 card and MCP verison rel 1.09.

Finally, I've tried this over and over, yet I get the same results with the Rate of Climb going straight up to 6000 FPM. Maybe, someone has a fix for this?

John
    Last edited by blueskydriver; 12-04-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: forgot version numbers

75+ Posting Member

Hello,

It could be a wrong trim setting, Check wich button the trim is assigned to.

Greetz,

Dirk

300+ Forum Addict

wrong trim...

Dirk,

It's not trim settings; the AP would control that once engaged. But, you do have a point, what is the normal trim value to be shown in the EICAS when lined on the rwy and still on the ground?

John

150+ Forum Groupie

>10. Set MCP Values IAS MACH=250 (tried 162 that's V2+20),

Set V2 only.

>16. At 800 AGL (tried 1000) and when I select CMD A (CMD Shows in PFD) this is where weird stuff starts:
    17. FMA shows THR REF_HDG SEL_MCP SPD

If you select the AP at this phase it will engage a speed mode and that will be LVL CH - at this phase, LVL CH will command the FD to fly V2+20.

>18. The IAS changes to 162 (although I set it too 250kts);

Correct. It will do this. But it depends on current airspeed.

>however, I'm at 218 kts already because this is what TO/GA (N1) had put me at and the rate of climb goes up to 25 degrees and shows 6100 FPM.

Flight model, load etc etc. The speed is controlled by pitch not AT in this mode, if your a/c is incorrectly loaded or very light, or perhaps a bad model (any number of things) it will go up fast, perhaps even correctly with low GW.

>19. Since the IAS is now 162 deceleration drops to 208kts and rate of climb backs down to 5100 FPM.

You are putting the a/c and whole system into a really tough situation, you would have to be very quick to handle that. If the speed is more than 20kts above V2+20 then it should take current speed. I will check that to be sure.

>FMA Shows MCP SPD_HDG SEL_ALT ACQ.
    20. Level off and deceleration to 174, 165, 163, and then I reset it to 250 kts because its going to slow. Now it gradually accelerates to 250 (as if it should be in a climb, but I'm level at 5000.

I will double check this re the LVLCH first speed logic at higher than V2+20kts when it is first engaged. There are some options for this. But also I think you need to give yourself half a chance and get the a.c model / weights sorted out.

>Finally, I've tried this over and over, yet I get the same results with the Rate of Climb going straight up to 6000 FPM. Maybe, someone has a fix for this?

Whilst the default models do have some limitations, I think it sounds like you are flying with very little weight, What is your GW? Have you entered the perf page correctly?

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Project Magenta
    Jonathan Richardson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast