Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boeing 777 Builder

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme3d View Post
    Here is an update,

There is an installer that will detect if you have two radios or navs and will configure them as 1 and 2. If you want to change them all you have to do is switch the connectors; 1 becomes 2 and 2 becomes 1. Seems easy enough.

Pedro.
    Thanks Pedro,

I've just started using this as I wasn't quite sure what it does, but it takes all the guesswork out of configuring any of the pre-built modules such as the Radios, MCP, EFIS & FMC. Just plug in your units, start FS, start the Autoconfigurator, select what FS version and whether FSUIPC or IOC and it does the rest for you. Only works with the latest version of SIOC v3.50 but that's free anyway. I wonder whether it will also work with my custom built radios?

Good work,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thats the way, I have programmed my radios too, The software I designed lets you choose weather you want the module to use COM1 or become COM2 etc etc.. There is also an advanced tab that lets you program the buttons to anything you wish, inside FSUIPC. I am currently waiting for PCB`s now so I can start making the modules.

Ken, you are right about the term, Plug and Play, OC state this, but really this is not the case. SIOC can be a nightmare to people that don't know how to use it, plus the manual and other stuff in a different language can be hard.

After I have the Garmin1000 designed and tested I will going on to making the transponder and maybe an MCP (B737) Also you can put the modules into Bootloader mode and if firmware updates are released you can just update them via your computer in about 3 seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12