Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boeing 777 Builder

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Dyer View Post
    Ken,
    I really need to make a trip to Perth one day. Heard great things about the west coast.

Regards,
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Be sure to look me up if you do. Some of the best beaches in the world (just 10min away!!). You'll find WA very similar to Texas; lots of desert and really, really BIG! However Perth is still a big country town by US standards, but I like it that way.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

builder
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Ken,

Where I live in Central Texas there is not much desert. Is rolling hills, oak forests, lakes and streams. Mainly grassland. Great cattle country. I live on a 5 acre ranch near a small town. Prefer it that way. Lived in the San Fransisco bay area for 8 years. Too big. Dallas and Houston are also too big. The movie "Second Hand Lions" was shot a few miles from where I live.

Although I sometimes like to get out west and into the desert. My daughter and her husband took a road trip this weekend to New Mexico to hunt deer and quail. I am hoping to score a nice leg or a bird for the BBQ. Australians and Texans are cut from the same cloth. Both like to bbq and enjoy a cold beer at the end of a hot day. Guess both are from pioneering stock.

Rugby is quite big at the Texas universities. Most of the good players on the American Eagles rugby team are either Texas Rugby Union, ex-Australians, ex-New Zealanders, ex-Wales or ex-South Africans. The local football (not soccer) players can't play rugby for s**t. Maybe the Eagles will take home the Rugby World Cup one year.

Regards,
    Alan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12