Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Master Caution/ Warning lights

I am trying to get my master caution and master warning lights to work. what is the offset for these two lights. I looked in FSInterrigate and cannot find anything. Can anyone tell me what these offsets are??

thanx in advance.
    I'm not replicating anything, because I like to fly everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1LP3xxn0Q

Quote Originally Posted by gokhotit View Post
    I am trying to get my master caution and master warning lights to work. what is the offset for these two lights. I looked in FSInterrigate and cannot find anything. Can anyone tell me what these offsets are??

thanx in advance.
    If you use pm then

5540 .0 SixPackFireDisp
    5540 .1 SixPackCautionDisp
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

i do not use PM, mainly because I can't afford it. Does FS have default offsets for these indicators?

Boeing 777 Builder

I'm afraid you're out of luck. FS has no dedicated control of Master/Caution annunciators as their condition depend on many other factors within the aircraft. I think PM model them due to their extensive systems replication. You could use another external program such as Opencockpits SIOC and program all the paramaters within your aircraft to have the lights come on or off, however you would need to have Opencockpits hardware and know the extensive internal operations of your aircraft.

Good luck,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

well, that sucks....

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

It is unfortunate, as your simulator progresses further and further along, you will hit road blocks.

The biggest thing to remember about this hobby, is not how much money you spend, but how much fun you have doing it.

Everyone (including myself) realizes how expensive things like Project magenta are, however... what people don't realize is that Project Magenta doesn't charge so much money, just to be able to give you the same software that is available for free. You get what you pay for.

And if you want all those bells and whistles to work, unfortunately Project Magenta is the only way to ensure it ALL can work.

this is not the only road block you will run into, although this is quite a minor one. Don't let something like this discourage you. Ok!

The build must go on.

Trev

I had the same problem with my Learjet 45 Sim. The way to do this cheaply is to write a program that reads all of the sims parameters that you would require it to alert / caution on using the FSUIPC SDK.

Then program outputs on your Interface to drive the Warning and Caution LEDS. Your program also needs to read the status of a switch connected to the interfaces input to allow you to silence the alerts.

I use a Velleman K8055 interface which connects to the PC via a USB lead and is very easy to program ( details on my site ). The interface can be bought ready made or as a kit and has LED's, Variable resistors and switches on the board so you can easily test your programs without connecting it up to the MIPs lights / switches.

Have a look at this video of a Fuel Pump Failure to see it in action. You will see me silence the alerts at the end. Click Here

Hope this helps

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by TasKiNG View Post
    I had the same problem with my Learjet 45 Sim. The way to do this cheaply is to write a program that reads all of the sims parameters that you would require it to alert / caution on using the FSUIPC SDK.
    It seems not many folks have looked at it, yet, but this sort of application is pretty much what I thought would be one of the main uses of the recently-added "Lua plug-in" facilities, in both FSUIPC 3 and 4.

Lua is a free interpreted programming language and FSUIPC contains an interpreter for it. It comes with several powerful libraries built in, including maths and I/O facilities, and I added libraries for FSUIPC offset read/write, joystick button access, etc etc, and even event-based processing for efficiency.

Then program outputs on your Interface to drive the Warning and Caution LEDS. Your program also needs to read the status of a switch connected to the interfaces input to allow you to silence the alerts.
    As mentioned in the documentation for the Lua stuff I provide, or at least in the Announcement for this facility on my Support Forum, i am open to suggestions (and assistance) in increasing its usefulness by possibly adding libraries for popular hardware interfaces. Currently the I/O facilities are pretty much revolving around files.

Regards

Pete

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Pete,

That is great news! This is the first I've heard of Lua. It sounds like a perfect interface solution. Is it possible to add phidget capability to it? Or have you already done that? As much as Alan has done for us with phidgets, I know it would be great if we had an additional option for it.

I'm off to find and read the docs for Lua!
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Is it possible to add phidget capability to it? Or have you already done that?
    There are no specific hardware interfaces there yet, just a generic I/O programming capability. I was waiting for some feedback, but it seems i'm adding the facilities to FSUIPC too "quetly" as, despite Announcements on my Forum with nearly 300 folks reading it, no one has even asked a question about it yet, let alone commented or made any requests!

I really am totally ignorant about stuff like Phidgets and would need more info, possibly help, to add specific support, but i'm sure it could be done easily enough even if it means me buying a sample to check.

I'm off to find and read the docs for Lua!
    Currently it's the Announcement on my Forum. That also points to the Lua website where you can get the language assistance (it is all free but they ask serious folks to buy the books ... I did, of course, but all the info is there anyway).

Lua was added to interim versions of FSUIPC4 (first) then FSUIPC3 over the last three months. Tomorrow I'm releasing FSUIPC 4.40 and 3.85 and the FSUIPC Lua documentation will be part of the package then.

Regards

Pete

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast