Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smokie Saloon

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Smokie Saloon

Hello all,
    I was so lucky to get a real 727 shell. It's not in it's best condition, the only useful thing to do to do with it until i start the "overhaulin", is to bring my cigarettes and cofee with me, enter the cockpit.. and just look at the buttons.. maybe try switching some of them.. move the pedals.. try the tq.. and just relax in the seat after a day hard at work (Ivar, you know all about this) So that's why Smokie Saloon

Well.. i'ts not that bad. And the plan is to make a sim out of it, i guess it will be a merge between 727, 737classic and NG. The overhead, is a 707, and the engineers panle is from a DC10 i think. The last owner did add those items, just to fill in the empty spaces. Front windows are original, rest is plexi. 2 seats, seems like boieng passengers seat somthing. Pedals are working, also the adjustments, and the column, from a 707 i think the last owner told me.

Here are some picts taken of the transport and it's new grave yard.

Ivar making it ready for transport, had to drive about 700km...

Ivar and my father helping unloading

And here is some picts of my other project.. have also bought a 737shell from FDS, ready to be mounted. The MIP is from Symulatroy, overhead and pedestal from Cockpitsonic.

In short time my website will be up and running, http://737ng.org

I will also say thanx to Ivar Hestnes, for help with the smokie saloon

svein k

2. Thanks Deesystems thanked for this post
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Fantastic! To get a shell with all sorts of other bits from verious aircraft is great. The symulatory etc stuff your adding will look great and i can't wait to see the result.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Good luck with the up and coming project. It'll certainly keep you busy
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

300+ Forum Addict

Congratulations with your shell, Svein

We hade a nice trip picking it up. Cool to see all the aviation stuff in the sellers garden, living room, kitchen, garage, bedroom and actually all over the place.

Looking forward to a coffee break in your 727 on upcoming saturday. Nice to just sit there and relax And I am sure you dont harm the nose by smoking in it. It is a 727, sure it has been smoked in the cockpit earlier during flight.

Cant understand what I am smiling for on the picture. We have been working hard and driving long distance so were exhausted when finished unloading the plane. But maybe my brain saw a image of a stewardess or something, lol. In my dreams, right?

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ENKB View Post
    It's not in it's best condition...
    I think what you have there is in excellent conidition. Look all that is still in it. Looks to be ideal for the build.

Airbus

Svein,
    What did you pay for the Shell in total? Most guys stay away from this question like its some great taboo, but to me its a way to open up builders thinking when deciding whether to even attempt such a project budget wise. I think it would be very helpful to get that sort of info.

Tim
    Canada

I paid around 3000 USD for the whole thing. It came from England back in '04, and the last owner paid around 1000 USD. When he bought it it was almost empty inside.And, he also had a big journey to bring it into norway. After he added the OH panel, and a kind of fuse panel, including 50 different fuses, the engineer panel from a DC 10, 2 passenger seats, and the yokes with columns, installed dome lights, 707 glareshield with 4 fire switches. So, i think the price isn't that bad.
    For those with interests.. the reg. numbers of this 727-251(F) was N258US. Built in '69 and a the owners was Northwest, Kiwi int, Pan AM, Nations Air, and from '98 sold to TNT and got OY-SES. It had it's last days in Southend, UK
    Condition.. the right side of interior is missing/damaged , so I have to get those things from somwhere..

svein k

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    Svein,
    What did you pay for the Shell in total? Most guys stay away from this question like its some great taboo, but to me its a way to open up builders thinking when deciding whether to even attempt such a project budget wise. I think it would be very helpful to get that sort of info.

Tim
    Canada

Because you asked Tim, $1500 USD for mine. Don't mean to steal the thread.

Good score Svein! Do you know it the paint color is from one of the airlines you listed?
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Wow, nice find and a good price considering what you have there.

The overhead in that looks primative even for a 707.

Is that part of an F-100 Super Saber he has hiding back there?
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!