Thread: Cnc

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cnc

Hey guys this might be of some interest to some, I have decided to try build this cnc machine. I emailed the guy with a link to a picture of an engraved 737 panel, to ask if his machine could produce this. He said it would quite easy produce these. I would love to hear from anyone who has gone down the CNC road & hear your veiws on this Cheers Guys.....

http://buildyourcnc.com/latest.aspx

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

I have built my own cnc machine from a kit on ebay, come out of Melbourne. Also the stepper motors and controllers are available from a company in Melbourne called oceancontrols. The motors, controllers and power supplys can be sold as a kit or separate parts.
    You will need software and a PC to complete the picture. I am using the common Mach3 to drive the machine and Mastercam to do the drawings.
    I'm allready using my cnc to produce parts for my sim. Panels, rudder parts so far. Just building the cnc was a lot of fun.... and then the learning curve to get the machine right and learn how to use the software.

I'm doing a 747.. and once a get all the drawings done in Mastercam I can post them if they are any help.

Cheers and best regards Greg. Perth.

Hi there thanks for reply, Im feeling like the scary part will be learning the software & calabration etc etc. I already have the mach3 software,but not the drawing program.Anyways im sure i will get there, would be nice if someone had cad drawings for 737 panels to share , cheers thanks again..riche..

Heli Builder

Normally with these CNC machines the limitation is your imagination. If you are engraving large panels, I guess you have to make sure that the workspace is large enough for the panel.

I looked at some of that video tutorials previously and they are very good. However I found cheaper components elsewhere. With CNC, especially if you are building your own, there are a lot of options available and good research is essential. Look around a lot before you commit to a design.

I am also starting to build a CNC mill. I commited myself to this one: http://computer-numerical-control.wpblogspot.com/

Here is a B767-300 site (cheers Per-Erik) with nice videos and photos to show the CNC working on panels which I enjoyed a lot: http://www.hoddo.net/cnc.html
    Fritz -> Helicopter Cockpit Builder
    (FSX | TH2Go | Arduino | Air Manager Avionics | CNC)

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar

hobby cnc

i built my fisrt cnc machine from hobby cnc from scratch, and it was one of the most fun that i ever had in building somthing.

i will tell you this there is a learning curve and you have to take your time.

the most exciting time for me was running my cnc for the first time and seeing it in action, i will tell you this though , at least for me was learning the software was a major learning curve.

Robert