Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cockpitsonic Airbus Panels

Hello everybody. I've got a question about some Airbus panels from Cockpitsonic. I'm not a big electrical person, so I'm buying things pre-assembled. I've got quite a few questions before I spend my money.

Firstly, why does the panel without hardware usually sell for the same price as the regular plastic panel? Is this 'too good to be true'?

Secondly, why are airbus panels so significantly cheaper then the Boeing ones they sell?

Thirdly, I've read that their Boeing panels are relatively plug-and-play. Is this true about their Airbus panels as well?

For those of you who have purchased the cockpitsonic Airbus Data Printer, what does the 'Panel With Hardware' come with? Is it really a mini-printer, or does it just have some back lighting?

The pictures and description of the Captains and F/Os pedestal lighting panels don't say what lights they control, and I'm not an Airbus person, so can you tell me what they control?

What does the Radar panel do?

I assume the ECAM controls the displays, but I'm not so sure. What does it really do?

I understand the Radio Management system, but what does the Audio Control do?

That's all for now I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by coolmanak View Post
    Hello everybody. I've got a question about some Airbus panels from Cockpitsonic. I'm not a big electrical person, so I'm buying things pre-assembled. I've got quite a few questions before I spend my money.

Firstly, why does the panel without hardware usually sell for the same price as the regular plastic panel? Is this 'too good to be true'?

Im not sure if i understand this one... panel only is a lot cheaper than the hardware one..for obvious reasons... you have 3 types of airbus panels in cockpitsonic: simple non hardware ones (the cheapest ones), panel plus all the hardware needed to assemble it (and this job will have to be done by yourself...they arent assembled at all...just raw components), and a third and more recent one: plug & play ones...powered by a software called TEMPEST that i never tried. Note that there arent a lot of panels available..just the radio one, an overhead, the ecam panel, and maybe a couple more.

Secondly, why are airbus panels so significantly cheaper then the Boeing ones they sell?

I think it has to do with the quality..they arent brilliant... dont get me wrong...they can do the job, but they arent "OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS REAL"... the color is way to dark, they are thinner than real ones.. and something that i dont really like... the paint is really sensible..it peals of very easilly..good news is, the price is very decent!

Thirdly, I've read that their Boeing panels are relatively plug-and-play. Is this true about their Airbus panels as well?

As said above, just a couple of them.

For those of you who have purchased the cockpitsonic Airbus Data Printer, what does the 'Panel With Hardware' come with? Is it really a mini-printer, or does it just have some back lighting?

I didnt bought it, but i doubt there's a data printer inside....probably the hardware is just a simple switch..not more than that...

The pictures and description of the Captains and F/Os pedestal lighting panels don't say what lights they control, and I'm not an Airbus person, so can you tell me what they control?

The flood LT knob controls the intensity of the center Instrument panel flood lighs, the Integ LT knob controls all the backlight intensity of the MIP and Pedestal

What does the Radar panel do?

Not that simple or usefull in a home pit..i wouldt be to worried about that

I assume the ECAM controls the displays, but I'm not so sure. What does it really do?

The ECAM, controls ..well......the ECAM displays (Boeing planes use a similar system called EICAS)...the ones just above the ECAM panel...you have one upper ecam (engines, flaps position..etc etc) and a lower one that can show you several systems, like fuel, apu..etc etc etc.. Basically, all the systems that are used to make the aircraft fly and work properly are displayed in those 2 screens... you should try to find an internet source that can make you a good introduction to airbus systems..ill try to help you out tomorrow.

I understand the Radio Management system, but what does the Audio Control do?

You push them in order to activate a channel..and there are several... INT activates the interphone system, PA announcements (also the oxigen mask mic, the hand one...etc... ... .. we could stay here for hours, but... you need to investigate a bit further, it aint all that complicated, but it envolvs a lot of info...

That's all for now I suppose.
    I did my best to keep it simple. i hope it helps..good luck with your project

Cheers,

Alex

75+ Posting Member

Thanks! I'm left with just one question.

When the paint peels away, what's left?

25+ Posting Member

I ordered 4 panel form them a couple of weeks ago. I will let you know what I think of them when they arrive if you like.

Skywatch

25+ Posting Member

Who makes more realistic panels for the airbus that are available? I dont understand why there are so few options.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Be thankful that you at least have options.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!