Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cool Airsimtech vs ProjectMagenta part2

Hi guys,

I know this has already been posted before, but to be trully honest there isnt a lot of info available regarding which software to use for the airbus flight deck, and the similar post i found here aint all that revealing...

My question is rather vague,nevertheless, with some feedback i think it could be very usefull to a lot of us who are at the presente state, making a decision regarding a serious investment in our pit.

Ive been able to colect, with a lot of efford in the last few months (and thanks to all your help) what i would say is 50% of a fully operational bus cockpit.. so its time to put some software in it.

AST is a bit more Expensive than PM..What are the main differences?..Pros and Cons to each one?... Do they already have the fly by wire implementation?..what degree of realism are we talking here for both of them? Any differences in performance?.. Which one is the most friendly to install and configure in a very straight forward way?.... any advices?..criticisms to both softwares?... i will download and install PM, as a demo, buti cant do the same for AST..so im a bit lost here.

I know that are a lot of questions there..but...its almost 1400 USD that will fly of my pockets... and "reluctance" is the word...

Thanks in advanced!

Alex

75+ Posting Member

Just to let you know, if you want to run all of the PM Airbus things, you also need to purchase PMSystems.

to be honest, im bit more in "AST" mood right now........ this hobbie will defnetly ruin me...oh well..all for a good cause!..

Airbus

Alex,
    Matt O, myself and a minor few others were some of the first builders ever to do Airbus sim
    almost a decade ago. I can tell you and I own every piece of Airbus software or related software that PM makes. The quality visually of both is awesome, but PM definitely has alot of very frustrating short commings far too numerous to mention. FCU issues, CDU issues etc. My advised for more solid realism go AST I believe you will be far happier. Good luck with that project you'll need it.

Tim
    Canada

Hi mate!!!

Im still waiting for all your parts..and to be honest..its driving me insane all the wait.. ..hopefully they will be here really soon and i can start making things happen..ive been learning and learning and learning the past few weeks, so i believe im in a good way to have a solid background to take care of all your parts and make them fly really soon!...as far as AST goes.. after all ive read, its nice to know your opinion goes torwards my conclusions.. I probably go AST all the way.. and.well...we'll see how that goes

I hope to be able to send you pictures really soon of all your parts fit again and ready for take off.. thanks for the advice my friend

Cheers

Alex

p.S. One important question still remains, since FS comunicator is no longer availabe.. how does the Fly-by-Wire behaves on ast?..