10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Simple setup enquiry

Hi there people , after a while , I have finally made enough cash to start on my simulator project. I would start this project one at a time and also depending on my financial status.

I have recently bought a new system for my project.
    Intel Core 2 3.16
    MSI 4870 512mb PCI - E Graphic Card
    2 Gig Ram
    A 22 inch monitor
    and a projector..
    That is the basic layout of my system.

I would like to make a simple setup using one CPU , one monitor to be set up as the panel with gauges and projector to project the Pilots view ahead.
    I was was going through the WideView software the other day and found that it is dedicated for multiple CPU'S. While i only have one.

How do I set up my view, that everytime I run my simulation, the monitor automaticly acts as the panel and projector as the view, and dont have to move the views manually everytime after I start FlightSim X.
    I have also bought the MS Panel Studio.

Thank you
    -shah-

Boeing 777 Builder

Hi Shah and welcome to the ever increasing and never ending cockpit building hobby

Firstly using only one PC your don't need Wideview. This application is only for spanning FS across seperate networked PC's. For your situation just load up FSX on your single PC.

As for starting with the panels in their correct place, start FSX and get into your aircraft of choice. Make sure you are in Windowed mode and right click on your outside view. A shortcut menu will appear and one of the options should be to "Undock Window". Select this option and drag this window to the projector screen. You will find now that your instrument panel will have black where the outside view once was.

Save this flight with an appropriate name then next time you fly, from the flight selection menu that first appears, select Load and another menu will appear with all saved flights. One of them should be your saved flight, so select it and it will load iwth your panels back where you last put them.

If you have FS Panel Studio you can modify your main instrument panel so that you don't have any black where the outside view once was. This way you can fit more avionics and instrumentation onto your panel. I have done this for the main instrumentation and centre engine panel for most of my aircraft. As you modify an aircraft, load it up and drag your panels where you want them, save the flight and you simply select the required aircraft to fly each time you start FSX. You can have a whole swathe of aircraft at any number of airports ready to go.

It does take quite a bit of study and practice to learn some of these systems if your new to it however so persevere and have fun.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

10+ Posting Member

suggestion

As what you said , i should save the flight so that when I load the saved flight , the panels and view that I have set will be restored.
    Just a question , is there a way that I do not have to load the saved file again and again each time I run flightsim X ?
    I would be using FS Autostart and going straight to the flight condition when I start the system. Is there a way that I could set the whole set up to load each time I start the system ?
    And how do I window my simulation as you stated earlier ?
    Than you

Thank you
    -shah-

Boeing 777 Builder

There are two ways you can go straight into your saved flight without loading each time.

1. Start FSX and at the Load Flight screen there is a checkbox available at the bottom "Make this the default flight". Check this box. Now go to the Settings menu and select General. At the top left you will see a number of selections, the top one being "Show opening screen". Uncheck this box. Now when you start FSX it won't show the opening menu but go straight into your saved "default" flight.

2. When you save a flight in FSX it creates 3 files associated with the flight. .flt, .wx & .FSSAVE. You will find these at "My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" (depending on whether your running XP or Vista). Create a desktop shortcut to the .FSSAVE file.

Using FS Autostart, for the first method above, simply tell FS Autostart to start FSX and it will go straight into your flight. Or for the second method, tell FS Autostart to open the .FSSAVE file and it will go to this saved fllight.

The advantage with the second method is that you can have a whole series of different aircraft at different airports saved and have different versions of FS Autostart opening each one. The first method will limit you to the one saved flight everytime.

EDIT: As for selecting Windowed mode, go to the View menu and make sure the top selection "Full Screen" isn't ticked. If it is, click on it and it will put FSX into Windowed mode. For each view that you want to move around, right click and select "Undock Window". FYI, you can also move Full Screen windows around but it's easier in windowed mode.

Good luck,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

10+ Posting Member

Will give it a try

Thank you for the support and reply...
    will keep u updated on the progress...