75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

MCP Stop Statement and other errors

Guys,

been running the entire Boeing suite for many years now but the last MCP version is driving me nuts.

It runs on a client PC which also has the CPFlight hardware hooked to it.

The following is now a reoccuring problem on each and every flight.

1. MCP programe exits with a Stop Statement Error 5 usually after around 45 to 50 minutes. ok no big deal as i expect it by now so simply restart the programme and re engage the CP Flight hardware.

2. On decent and on almost ALL decend when passing though +/- 22000feet the damn thing commands a 6000feet per minute CLIMB which causes my on line vatsim friendly ATCO's a bit of inconvenience.

3. Radio and Transponders (hooked up via the CP Flight MCP) work at their own leisure, totally at random, sometime they work sometimes they dont, more often they dont than they do..

Any ideas here?

Rgds
    Peter

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

You need to contact PM as thi is a programing issue. Only Enrico can fix this.
    Bob Reed

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Nielsen View Post
    1. MCP programe exits with a Stop Statement Error 5 usually after around 45 to 50 minutes. ok no big deal as i expect it by now so simply restart the programme and re engage the CP Flight hardware.

2. On decent and on almost ALL decend when passing though +/- 22000feet the damn thing commands a 6000feet per minute CLIMB which causes my on line vatsim friendly ATCO's a bit of inconvenience.
    I've not had the Stop problem, but using MCP 430 I too have had enormous problems with the autothrottle control of the program. When it should be reducing the thrust, with the aircraft over the set speed already, it actually increases it instead! Crazy!

The vertical control mode being used doesn't seem to be relevant to this problem -- SPD, LVCH, V/S or VNAV, the same in all. After flying several flights and having to switch off the A/T every time I've reverted to MCP version 428, which is behaving in exemplary fashion in this regard.

I reported the matter to Enrico some 2 weeks ago, but I've had no reply at all so far. Maybe he's on vacation, or else is too busy to answer emails at present.

Regards

Pete