Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Microsoft FSX FSX Speed brake problem

Hi,

I have a problem with the speed brake at FSX. The speed brake lever from my TQ does not go to arm position. The fsuipc just recognize the first value bigger then the speed brake arm position, so I do not have a light(speed brake arm) in my panel and also I do not have spoilers deployed at the ground. I have calibrated my spoiler lever but it does not work. Also with reverses at the ground, the spoilers go to 100% but my spoiler lever does not move. Seems no command from the fsuipc to the motor. I use the cockpitsonic TQ.

Any solution please?
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    I have a problem with the speed brake at FSX. The speed brake lever from my TQ does not go to arm position. The fsuipc just recognize the first value bigger then the speed brake arm position
    I'm not clear what you mean by that. In FSUIPC spoiler calibration you need to set a zone for the Arm position. There are 4 calibration points, as there are for aileron, elevator and rudder: minimum, low 'centre', high 'centre' and maximum. If you are not easily finding the 'centre' or Arm position then you've not calibrated that zone wide enough and you are missing it.

Anything below the "low centre" value is treated as "down" (i.e. no speedbrake/spoiler), then above the "high centre" value you get the progression from the armed value to 100%

>> Also with reverses at the ground, the spoilers go to 100% <<

The spoilers do not activate by the reversers, but by a trigger switch on the gear.

>> but my spoiler lever does not move. Seems no command from the fsuipc to the motor. I use the cockpitsonic TQ. <<

FSUIPC is not responsible for sending commands to anything. Presumably you have some software reading values from FSUIPC in order to drive the motor. It sounds like it is reading the wrong value. There are three values it might use: 0BD0 (the spoiler lever), 0BD4 (the left spoiler position indicator) and 0BD8 (the right spoiler position indicator). You need to check your driver's configuration.

Regards
    Pete

3. Thanks AchillesP thanked for this post