Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Triplehead2go + Widescreen projectors.

For those that are interested in getting their visuals up to scratch, I would have to say that the Triplehead2go takes a lot of beating. I am running 3 widescreen projectors with a native resolution of 1280 by 720 (16:9) and the triplehead handles it extremely well. That makes the screen resolution 3840 by 720 !!
    The screens are 8 feet by 4 1/2 feet each and as you can see angled back, and take up the full width of the garage. The most important part is to make sure you line the projectors up exactly in the middle and at the same distance from each screen. It is also a big help to use the zoom feature in FS2004 and set it between .75 and .33
    It is most important to buy all your projectors at once so you have all the same models.
    With only a day of testing, I have to again say it is fantastic. All the clouds work perfectly, and there is no out of sync at all, and only one computer. The only slight drawback is noticed on taxying, and the taxiways are angled a little bit too much, which is due to the position of my cockpit and the angle of the screens, but quite acceptable.
    Hopefully this will be of some help to those battling with how to get their visuals going.
    Cheers................Brian W

Most impressive! Looks like a very nice setup, one I wish to emulate. What video card are you using?
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

300+ Forum Addict

Gooday Rodney, I am using the 6600 gt SLI with an AMD 3200. Probably will need to change when Vista and DX10 come out, as we know it is all made to be redundant !!
    Cheers................Brian W

B738

Aussie Builder

Hi Brian,

Check out my Aussie Builder page on my website. I'd love to add you to the list!

Email me with your details and some pics and I'll post them up!

www.b738sim.com/austbuild

Kind Regards,
    Brad Heller.

300+ Forum Addict

Thank you Brad, but I prefer at this stage to keep my project here, and I am certain that any of your viewers who are interested in any of the details of my project would be most welcome to visit this site.
    Kind regards.....................Brian W.

B738

My Site

Hi Brian,

My offer wasn't to replace your website but simply to provide a list of builders located in Australia. If you check the page out, it simply provides details of other Australian builders and even their website links. Its not to take over your own website.

The page has already provided links between builders in their local areas. If you still wish not to participate, thats not a problem.

Regards,
    Brad Heller.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hi Brad. Very nice shell you have going there. Looking at your temp setup reminds me of how I flew for years! And being that I just finished a move myself my sim is in boxes and scattered over a number of rooms. I am going to make some changes while I have it all torn apart. What are you using for a interface for the hardware? Again nice site and a nice sim!

B738

My Sim

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It's always good to hear those sorts of things from other achievers out there. I'm using IOCards for all my I/O interfacing, the hardware can be implemented everywhere and the software can do anything you want from the standard stuff to customising your own stuff.

I'm travelling to the States this Xmas to see family and upon my return, everything should be going in. Go to save every penny for this trip. Going to be in the Staes for almost 4 weeks visiting San Fran, Vegas, NY, Orlando and Hawaii. Can't wait for it. I heard a mention that there might be bone yards in Vegas. Does anyone know of any I could get some 737 parts?

75+ Posting Member

using a two projector system rather than three,

hi,matey,
    fantastic visuals,amazing,now my problem im looking for a nice large image for my sim,but dont have a lot of room,so i can only use two projectors,as i can side project due to size limits,im going to try and split my main image and mirror project or fan project left and right,just off center and see how that works,
    oh well ,another problem to solve,lol
    cheers
    steve

Re: Triplehead2go + Widescreen projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by brianwilliamson
    and as you can see
    I don't see anything, not even a link to the pictures. Would someone be able to help this NOOB out please? :P
    hmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast