Thread: new here

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Boeing new here

Hi I am a big 747 fanand I love to fly the 747 inthe flight sim. and I would like to build my own cockpit. I see alot of people have built the 737's flight deck. but I can't find a layout of the 747's or where to buy all the stuff that goes into it. I need help. I is a big dream of my to fly one some day. how did you guy start out and get to where you are in your flight simulator?

Boeing 777 Builder

Hi 747Captain, welcome to the forum. There are a few 747 builders around, its just that 737's tend to dominate for obvious reasons. There is however lots of info and sim parts for the queen. One of the most noted builders is Matt Sheil in Sydney but there are others around (in this forum also). As far as sim parts you should be able to buy panels from Flightdeck Solutions. And most sim avionics manufacturers stock some 747 components.

Apart from that, study, ask, study, attempt to build, ask, study, knock it down & build again, play with it, ask some more, then completely rebuild now you really know what you want!

Lots of fun!

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

25+ Posting Member Lewis Simmons's Avatar

Welcome,

Also, are you looking to build a 747-400 or 747-8? Although there are no pictures of the 747-8 cockpit at the moment, we are pretty sure that only a few additions would be made such as cursor control devices and electronic flight bags (if they can fit them in). If you pick the -400, you pick the classic but if you pick the -8, you pick the future which will be in service for much longer.

No matter what though, it is your choice and just adding some food for thought
    Many Thanks,
    Lewis Simmons