Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thanks Ian. You gave me the ambition to try it and I like the outcome. Not as fancy as yours but it works.

Once again. Thanks for charring your work with the rest of the community.

Mike
    http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Wow thanks for all the reply's guys. This is a great forum. My knowledge on building one is just not that great and am really torn between the two yokes. The www.737yoke.com looks way better than FLYPFC's and also features a clip board checklist deal. But then again, I own a flypfc desktop yoke for 4 years now and no complaints. I need to know mechanically which one will feel more like the real thing and overall which one is better. I contacted both manufacturers and I will include their emails, here is www.737yoke.com,

"Difference between ours and PFC. Let's see.

1: Out Yoke handle is Exact same size as original and similar black finish. VS PFC is using some sort of glossy shiny finish.
    2: Our Yoke albow and column is exact same size and design as Original Boeing Yoke. VS PFC is using generic column and Albow.
    3: Our Yoke comes with Clipboard and checklist. VS PFC doesn't include it.
    d: All of our buttons mimic real buttons besides trim switch VS PFC is using different styles But realistic Trim switch.
    4: We using a damping system for realistic feel - I am not sure what PFC use.
    5: Actual feel and the forces of the Yoke are designed on a Real 737 flying between 10,000 to 24,000. This gives a good ballpark figure.
    6: Yoke and all other hardware are Metal. Nothing plastic .Not sure about PFC."

And here's what FLYPFC said in their email,

BIolded text 737yoke.com answer, smaller text FlyPFC

"1: Out Yoke handle is Exact same size as original and similar black finish. VS PFC is using some sort of glossy shiny finish.

Our finish is BLACK Powder Coat, not some shiny finish. Hmmm there support base looks just like ours…seems like they may have copied our design.

Our yoke is the exact same size as the real yoke and cast (investment casting method), not sure about theirs.

2: Our Yoke albow and column is exact same size and design as Original Boeing Yoke. VS PFC is using generic column and Albow.

Generic or not it still accomplishes the effect. It’s just cosmetics

3: Our Yoke comes with Clipboard and checklist. VS PFC doesn't include it.

Not an important feature, a clip that holds charts can be bought for just a few dollars.

d: All of our buttons mimic real buttons besides trim switch VS PFC is using different styles But realistic Trim switch.

Our switches are much more realistic and functional. Especially the trim switches safety function.

4: We using a damping system for realistic feel - I am not sure what PFC use.

We use tiller bar 16 gauge steel mechanism and tempered springs for a realistic feel.

5: Actual feel and the forces of the Yoke are designed on a Real 737 flying between 10,000 to 24,000. This gives a good ballpark figure.

Would love to see where they got that type of data. The real yoke is connective to the flying surfaces via electronics and hydraulics.

6: Yoke and all other hardware are Metal. Nothing plastic .Not sure about PFC.

No plastic here at all.

Ok now here is my question that www.737yoke.com caught my eye, is this a red flag? "We use a proprietary Damping system with springs." For movement.

Thanks guys,
    Angelo Cosma

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Thumbs up

The real answer is this:

Both are quality yokes. Which one you choose is dependant on what you want and how you feel about it. Its like buying a guitar. You have to play all of them in the store and then decide which one you want. Its a personal decision.

So make your decision and then be happy with it.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

4. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

BTW, the original finish on the yokes is 'shiney', or a gloss. It is an extremely hard urethane plastic that is coated on the control wheel. It's not painted on nor is it powder coated.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!