500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

JBaymore's aircraft info for seeing it correctly when online flying

Since I am not flying a fs2004 default aircraft in a default paint, in order for you to see me in the correct plane when flying online on the MyCockpits FSHost server, YOU have to also have my exact aircraft installed. These are fs2004 models; not sure if they work in FSX.

The aircraft and some textures can be downloaded here:

Jon Murchison BAe 146-200

http://63.217.28.218/files/47jets/bae1462k4.zip

Here is my most commonly flown repaint (usually flying as United 6565):

United Express

http://www.simviation.com/files/47jets/1462ue.zip

Install as you would any aircraft. Use the "default" simple panel for use as "AI" for online flying, not the Matthias Leibrecht panels.

Then take note of the following........

The "title=" line in your aircraft config file for the installation you put on your machine should then be adjusted to match up with one of these titles listed below. Most of these airline textures are available on the net. Note that a number of the title lines have been edited from the original one that came with the add-in aircraft texture file (most were missing the BAe 146-200 designation):

BAe 146-200 QANTAS LINK
    BAe 146-200 US AIR
    BAe 146-200 JAZZ
    BAe 146-200 LUFTHANSA
    BAe 146-200 BRITISH AIRWAYS
    BAe 146-200 JAPAN AIRLINES
    BAe 146-200 UNITED EXPRESS
    BAe 146-200 EASY JET
    BAe 146-200 ALITALIA
    BAe 146-200 EUROWINGS
    BAe 146-200 KLM UK
    BAe 146-200 CROATIA
    BAe 146-200 AIR BERLIN
    BAe 146-200 BUSINESS EXPRESS
    BAe 146-200 CITY JET
    BAe 146-200 ATLANTIC AIRWAYS
    BAe 146-200 SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
    BAe 146-200QT FEDEX
    BAe 146-200QT UPS
    BAE 146-200 STRATEGIC TACTICAL AIRLIFT

Note that the Southwest and the JAL ones are for two personal repaints I have done. I have not uploaded these repaints anywhere. Likely I won't be using them for online use.

best,

..................john

500+ This must be a daytime job

I know this doesn't have to do with John's plane models and skins but I remember at the last fly-in someone mentioned that it was possible to script FS to recognize certain models (for which the model/paint wasn't locally available) as similar models that were installed on the system.

Currently FS replaces all unknown aircraft with the aircraft you are flying, leading me to see three PMDG 738s in frighteningly close quarters with one of them hovering over my plane. I know not everyone is going to have (or want to get) the PMDG models just to see me the way I see me so...

If the solution above is possible, at least we could get FS to show my PDMG 738 as a stock 737 and someone's helicopter as a stock helicopter etc etc etc. I know its usually not too much hassle installing new models (unless they crash) but this might be a good work-around for payed models.

Efe,

I think it was me that you heard say that. In the past we had this working. Here's a synopsis of the approach:

If you are in multiplayer and you have the EXACT same plane as another player in you "hangar", then you will see them in that correct plane. If you don't have that plane you will see them in the plane that YOU are flying. Sometimes... something else seems to happen....that is feeling to me kinda' random.

For freeware aircraft getting the same models is just a matter of everyone shareing the exact information with others ......... which is exactly why I did what I did above.

But for payware.... that is more of a problem. Just to see you in your PMGD 747 in the "Unfriendly Airlines" livery.... I'm probably not willing to go out and buy it if I don't already have it anyway.

So the goal is to "trick" the sim into THINKING that I have the PMDG 747 in that paint in my "hangar".

If I am remembering correctly, the way we accomplsihed this in the past was as follows:

• Find a freeware , framerate friendly 747 model in the appropriate paint
    • Install it into you hangar like always
    • Get an exact copy of the first part of the payware aircraft's aircraft cfg. file's text including stuff like the name
    • Replace the necessary parts of the freeware's cfg file text with the payware cfg file's text

When you start up your own sim, suddenly you will have an option to fly the "PMDG 747" on your aircraft selection list. But if you select it, what you will actually GET is that freeware model and paint.... but it is being CALLED the PMDG 747.

Then when you connect to a multiplayer session....... your sim "thinks" it has that payware aircraft in the hangar...and uses it.

A bit involved.... but workable. And better than seeing a heavy when the person is flying a Beech Barron or something. Or the opposite situation .... with the Barron floating about 20 feet in the air above the tarmac.

We need to create a "repository" of these "disguised models" of the common payware STRICTLY for online multiplayer "visual accuracy" use. A good starting point for the substuitute aircraft would be a PAI or a WOAI framerate friendly AI model.

best,

...................john

I'm WRONG!!!!

It takes more than that.

Just played with it.

I think it involves editing the air file too. And possibly more.

I know at one time we did this. Unless my memory is getting the better of me.

best,

.................john