25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Post Simkits headache

I had completely wiped out my system and did a full reinstall of XP and FS9. Then I installed some of my favorite add-ons. Then I put in my GoFlight software and my Sinkits software and thats when it happened.

The software could'nt see the CCU card. I uninstalled and then re-installed the software. Now it was rebooting with a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), within a few seconds of starting the Config Mgr. I suspected it might be the driver so I uninstalled / reinstalled it. Nope. It got worse. So I disconnected the card, pulled it's power and removed all the drivers and software. I then rebooted and went thru the install all over again. Only this time, XP saw the card and installed the driver without prompting. Hmmm... I normally don't like it when my computer makes decisions for me, but since it actually worked, I decided to let it go. This time. (stern look at CPU).

So, after all that, I was calibrating my instruments and discovered that during the time they were in storage, my Attitude guage had been hosting a bit too much weight and had become damaged. What a day! Well, fortunately for me, I happen to have a new one still in the package just waiting for me to assemble it. I had ordered a TC from them and gotten the AI by mistake. I offered to ship it back but they told me to keep it and sent me the TC also. So now I'll be building my new AI and installing it in the MIP. That will free up a big chunk of scenery on my center screen.

Blessings DO come out of bad events. We just have to look at it in a positive light!

Click here to be taken to AndyTs Blog...
    MyCockpit

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Please respond in the Blog, not this thread. Thank you.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/