150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

MCP Pro behaviour with Compatible Add-Ons

I think I have serious issues with MCP Pro but, from my recollection, only when using with Level D 767 and FeelThere Citation X. Unfortunately these are also my favourite non-military aircraft.

I notice that if the rotaries are turned too much or too quickly, the MCP crashes and there's nothing that can be done. In fact with the Citation X it's practically unusable as even on a 20 minute hop it WILL crash at some point, sometimes before I left the ramp, normally as I'm making the approach. Eventually FSX will practically stop although still running. Unplugging the Go Flight and reconnecting does nothing other than upset FSX.

I've got the latest drivers etc, well the one that's a year old but latest I know of. People talk about the GoFlight bridge. I didn't see anything by this name other than the config software where it shows pics of your goflights.

In my research a few people mentioned this and one sent his back to GoFlight for firmware update. I'm not sure I want to do this.

For those with this unit, has anyone else experienced what I'm talking about? Just before it freezes some of the displays flicker on and off as I'm turning the encoder.

One thing I did notice is that I can program FSUIPC using this as an input. I'm not sure if that will allow me to avoid using the go flight software as FSUIPC does not drive the displays. Also if it's the hardware that's crashing it doesn't matter if it's using FSUIPC or GoFlights own drivers to communicate with FSX.

Hoping for a solution

Thank you
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

Check LVLD's website for the most current patch for the MCPro, And yes you can't turn the knobs on the MCPro rapidly or the unit will lock up. I use about 3-4 click per sec and it works fine that way. I have used FSUIPC to program the unit for the FeelThere ERJ-145 but I loose the indicator lights, however the digital readouts work.
    Regards,
    Brian

150+ Forum Groupie

Shame as the two aircraft I have issues with are the only ones that make proper user of the MCP Pro (i.e. use Level Change button). Level D isn't as bad as the FeelThere Citation, where even on a really short flight the MCP freezes.

I tried turning really slowly as you and other users have suggested, but I have two issues with this:

1. It's painful when you accidentally go the wrong way for a heading that's 180, so can turn 270 degrees or more. Thankfully the aircraft starts turning immediately which helps a bit with this.

2. As I'm approaching the destination I find it difficult to take it as slowly as is obviously required.

I'm gonna contact Go Flight Monday and find out if there's any way for me modding it myself. I heard there's a firmware update for it. I really don't want to loose it for several weeks or whatever it would take and then not sure if I get taxed every time it crosses the border. If it's vaguely possible to do this on my own I will attempt to.
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

25+ Posting Member

Does gfdisplay work with fsx? I can`t see any definite confirmation on Pete`s site but you never know. I`m using fsuipc to interface the Goflights, and gfdisplay to run the indicators, though with FS2004 rather than X..

James

Quote Originally Posted by PDT 200 View Post
    Check LVLD's website for the most current patch for the MCPro, And yes you can't turn the knobs on the MCPro rapidly or the unit will lock up. I use about 3-4 click per sec and it works fine that way. I have used FSUIPC to program the unit for the FeelThere ERJ-145 but I loose the indicator lights, however the digital readouts work.
    Regards,
    Brian
    CH Yoke
    CH Pedals
    2 Saitek TQ`s
    Opencockpits multiradio
    GF LGT + T8
    BU0386x and custom autopilot control panel
    Basic pedestal and mip for generic GA sim in progress..

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by rottenlungs View Post
    Does gfdisplay work with fsx?
    Yes. It's a normal FSUIPC client application, not dependent upon FS version. And it does explicitly say it is FSX compatible on "my site", thus:

GFdisplay 1.24 (21st March 2007) -- FS2004 and FSX compatible

This is in the prime reference, the maintained Announcement giving the list of supported versions.

Regards

Pete