Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit FS Server Scenery

Hi guys. Thought I would start a new thread on this. So.. What scenery are we settling ion for Florida? It will help if we all use the same.... I would like to get it loaded in the FS machine tonight!
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

LOL We should Standby with this for now, as some new scenery is being created as we speak.

Trev

300+ Forum Addict

Went to server...no one flying

Hey All,

I went to the server site and nobody flying...? Maybe, we could setup some pre-defined dates and times to fly together? Also, if someone can post scenery/add-ons (free of course) all in one place, that would be good for all of us collectively and they should be for FS2004 and/or FSX.

Please list times based on UTC.

Thanks,

John

75+ Posting Member

Why would you want a "home base" scenery? Wouldn't that mean every flight would originate there? That's rather boring. Plus, KMCO is a very detailed scenery for some computers to render.

I like John's idea. Someone posts a:

Date
    Time
    Departure - Arrival Airport
    Detailed Flight Plan
    Gate/Parking location your aircraft will be at (so others don't park on top of you)
    Any thing else?

Quote Originally Posted by N242AM View Post
    Why would you want a "home base" scenery? Wouldn't that mean every flight would originate there? That's rather boring. Plus, KMCO is a very detailed scenery for some computers to render.

I like John's idea. Someone posts a:

Date
    Time
    Departure - Arrival Airport
    Detailed Flight Plan
    Gate/Parking location your aircraft will be at (so others don't park on top of you)
    Any thing else?
    We just want a home base.. There is no reason you can not fly from or to where ever you want. There are no rules on the server that state you have to start here... And I am not going to make any. The server is for open flying.
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Munich, on the north ramp
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Anytime you log into the flight srever, it would be good if you logged into TeamSpeak also. That way, you can chat with whoever else is online flying.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Anytime you log into the flight srever, it would be good if you logged into TeamSpeak also. That way, you can chat with whoever else is online flying.
    This is a good idea, but again.. Not mandatory. More people are starting to log in so I will set some rules. Nothing fancy, just to keep spme order.
    Bob Reed

300+ Forum Addict

Plan times?

I was hoping that we could do something together, as well as the server being open to anytime flying. Maybe, like once a week we could pick a day and time that we would all log in and fly; starting from wherever. If you can make that date and time, that would be great...

This would give me something to look forward too; to fly with folks who most likely are building some sort of cockpit (desktop style or sit in style). Thus, I can stop going to gamespy and hoping for some professional pilots, as opposed to the childish behavior that sometimes exists there.

I'm generally thinking like a club night. I do this in an RC club; we all go fly together on Wednesdays if the weather is good. Of course, us sim pilots would not have to worry about that...to the point of not flying anyway.

What about Saturdays and/or Sundays? This way both sides of the globe can fly at the same time. Or, whatever days that would work for that to happen. I game for anything...

John

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

John,

It is a great idea. However it really takes someone to have the time, drive, expertise, and initiative to "take the lead" and organize such things.

Another potential issue is ALWAYS the "time zone factor". From doing this kind of thing on another flight server..... we find that there is a tendency for people from similar timezones to just fly together. Occasionally people will go out of their way to meet up for some percieved "special event".....but often that is a big obstacle. Flightsimming is supposed to be FUN....... not result in going to work feeling terrible because of lack of sleep.

When it is noon here on the east coast of the USA..... it is 1 AM in Tokyo.

Regularly scheduled flights are a good idea. That gets a pattern established. Once a week is great. But don't expect that everyone will show up all the time. With enough people overall participating in online flying, on any given day/time.... there likely will be a representative sample.

On that other server, things are arranged as what get called "Tours". For example, a series of hops of about 1 to 1 1/2 hours duration are created in some geographical area. Each week the next hop flightplan is published for people to look at. Sometimes links to freeware addon scenery is contributed by people reading the tour thread. Usually these places offer some interesting terrain to fly over or approaches to make. Prime candidates are places like the alps, the rockies, island hopping (for challenge), and so on. Places to avoid are likely stuff like the US midwest due to "hours of flatness" .

Another potential issue to look at for planning is the IAS compatibility of the group of aircarft, and the capabilities of the airports to handle a wide range of aircraft. If someone is in a Cessna 172 simpit, and I am in my BAe 146-200 pit, and another person is in their 747 pit..... well..... issues can come up as you can imagine. Even if we start as a group, it is possible that different people will be arriving at the destination over a wide spread of time. (If you have ActiveSky with wake turbulence activated, that Cessna taking off behind the 747 better watch out!)

Anyway... I am certainly "up" for participating within what my work and life schedule allows.

best,

....................john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast