Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by ak49er View Post
    ... designed to transmit proprietary codes to the Elite software, but I believe that the PFC.DLL translates this anyway ...
    Sorry, no, my PFC driver only handles the PFC proprietary protocol. The Elite protocol was not revealed to me, being proprietary to Elite. The recent versions of Elite's own driver for FS, which interfaces to FSUIPC, may work, I don't know. I also don't know if you can get it without buying stuff from Elite, but I would have thought you could.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for chiming in Peter, as you can see from my posts I have had a devil of a time getting this "good deal" operational. It's my own burden though, what with using old computers, and second hand peripherals, everything has been relatively easy to use so far, but this thing stumped me, too many darn variables to make work, i.e fragged chip, no comm with win200 from win 95 designed soft/hardware. Bart did say that as long as whatever board I used to make the console work, was recognized as a joystick, that the newer software would allow for the time to be logged per FAA criteria, so that at least is a bonus to this episode.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Elite Precision Flight Controls

What ever happened to your sim hw? did you get it working or is it collecting dust somewhere in your house? if that's the case i could take the avionics panel from your hands if the price is right...

please update the status of your work.

Have a nice day.

Quick Update, I have wired two Bodnar USB Boards into the Cirrus II PCATD, and mounted the TRC 172 Panel On top, of it. Then I upgrade to another Dinosaur, @ 1.93 or so Gig, and am running both FS9 and X-Plane 9.6RC2 through it. I have had trouble getting the altimeter to calibrate, and need some parts for the Sim Kits gages.

I will see if I have a photo, as the unit is at another location.

When it is more whole and not such a mess I may consider an offer, shoot me a PM on what components you would want and what you think they are worth.

PCATD Cirrus II with Dual Prop controls, rudder pedals, non-functional radio panel ( next step on my list though), less CPU/Monitors. 2 each Leo Bodnar X Cards, Windows Elite V4 Software, with Jets, and Turbo Props. FAA Cert. For 2.5 and 10 hrs training (IIRC)

Hi again.

Just wanted to ask, are sure it's really FAA certified, i understand that any change in HW would disable FAA's certification, am i wrong?, any photo update?, i'm working on something similar and would love to see your work, mine is located here:

http://airmosquito.site11.com

P.S. If you ever decide to sell the avionics panel, let me know.

Was told by a PFC Tech., that as long as the Certifiable software recognizes a Human Interface Device (joystick) that it can be certified.

ie: Leo Bodnar's Card(s)

Hi agai.

First, let me say that i'm really interested in your project cause i'm buidling 3 sims with the intention of charging for their use as PCATDs also, i'm not flamming or anything like that, i would love to confirm that you are going the right path, but...

What the PFc tech told you may be true for them, but if i were you, i'd still ask the same to the Elite tech guys, since you'll be using their SW, and as far as i know, theyre really picky as far as any modification/alteration to their HW, and have read that it would automatically disable PCATD usage as required by FAA's standards/regulations.

According to Elite's Personal Computer-Based Aviation Training Device Qualification Guide located here: http://www.flyelite.com//wp-content/...010/01/qag.pdf clearely mentions our setups...

This is the first setup i'm trying to complete...

PI-61 & PI-61A PI-91 curris yoke, cirrus throttle quadrant, cirrus rudder pedals & Elite AP2000 (missing this one).

This i believe is the setup that you and i share...

PI-126 Cirrus II console, cirrus rudder pedals & Elite AP2000.

So even though we seem to be in the clear, i can tell you that whenever i start my PCATD SW (Elite PCATD Ver. , it checks whether it has all HW connected and really working, it checks for the console, rudder and avionics, if i power off the AP2000 it shows a message saying that it's use as a PCATD has been disabled, and since having passed this tests in the presence of a CFI is a requirement to log anything in the logbook, maybe you should clear this up with the guys from Elite BEFORE spending your hard earned money in their sw soltion...

Ii think you could go with MS ESP + Flight1 VIS PRO or X-Plane + level 2 USB key to achieve the same result (loggable/leaseble PCATD certified sim) and would save some trouble, at least that is what i will end un doing if i can't get an elite AP2000.

Do not get me wrong, i'm trying to understand this too, since i;m in the same boat, but i'm not a native English speaker and sometimes i wonder if i got things right.

You could take a look at Elite's forums, some people have been there and done that and it really gives you something to think about, here you'll find an interesting reference:

https://www.flyelite.com/support/for...p?topic=1619.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12