• Bad

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Microsoft FSX Lear 45 Panel Completed and Insrtalled

Well got them finished up. there just temporary until the Innovative releases the Lear backlit panels.

What do you think?? 100% fully functional using FDS interface. Also got the warning lights to work as it does in FSX.

Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

Kris S.
    Seabrook,Texas

www.lear45project.org

Also proud supporter of..
    http://hangar45.net
    www.innovativefsp.com

500+ This must be a daytime job

Nice! Good work!

Thumbs up

Nice work!
    Looking forward to see more pics. Is your homepage updated lately??

/ Per

Very nice Kris.

So you just printed the panels on vinyl then stuck them on correct? Was it just clear vinyl with white print? The gray matches the rest of the panel so nice I assume you used clear and not gray correct?

Boeing 777 Builder

Nice work Kris. Are you using the default FSX Lear panels?

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Nice work Kris. Are you using the default FSX Lear panels?

Ken.
    Ken,

Not to steal Kris's thread but from your site it appears you are doing your instrumentation and visuals the same way I am trying to. I have two video cards, a 7900 GS and an 8800 GS. The 8800 has a Matrox TripleHead connected to one out put which drives my outside views on 3 22" LCDs. I am attempting now to take the second output along with the 2 outputs on my 7900 to drive 3 lcds in my MIP. I am using FP Learjet along with Panel Studio to make panels for the MIP screens.

Two questions,

1. How does your simulator do performance wise with all 6 monitors going on your system? Are you having to dial back a lot of settings? Mine seems ok on full detail but a little stuttery depending on what I am flying over.
    2. This is probably covered elsewhere but once you place your panels how do you get them to stay between boots? Do you somehow tell panel studio which monitor a panel window is going to be on or do you just place them in FSX and save the flight. I tried the later but it doesnt seem to work to well.

Thanks,

Scott

PS - Thank you for your Yoke Design - You can see my single version of yours in the photo gallery. Works like a charm.

Boeing 777 Builder

Funny you should respond Scott, I was just perusing your sim when I got this message. Must be nice flying the F16?

I only have 5 panels running as far as the PC/sim is concerned as there are the 3 screens running off the TH2GO, a Pilot panel which is split via a powered VGA splitter to the Co-Pilot screen and the centre instrument screen. In FSX I have performance sliders at about 75% overall with Frames locked at 25. I get good performance overall but it does ramp back to mid teens in high scenery areas, but still flyable. Sydney airport (I'm using FTX scenery here) is fairly intensive, but I'm getting 12-18's mostly. Once in the air though it quickly raises to 20's.

As for the panels, just make them up to your requirements using FS Panel Studio then open a flight, arrange your panels to the screens you want then save the flight with an appropriate name. Each time you load FS, load the saved flight and all panels will populate with the appropriate panel including the outside view. Too easy!

If you have FSUIPC4 (highly recommended) you can enable its SAVE option and you'll have an associated FSSAVE file along with the saved flights. Drag a shortcut of this to the desktop and clicking on this file will load the sim directly to your aircraft complete with arranged panels etc. without going through the main menu.

Glad you could make sense of the yoke instructions too .

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Nice work! The second photo I could barely tell from real.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!