Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LUFTY View Post
    If you can put up with the current issues with third party addons and DX10 preview (scenery and textures on addon aircraft etc.) then I recommend DX10 preview mode and either dual graphics cards in Crossfire configuration or an intregrated Crossfire card such as the HD4870X2.
    Hi,

There is a tool (module) that converts dx9 grafics to dx10 compatible mode. You just install the module and the converter works at the backround. White textures problem at dx10 preview has gone away for me at most of the cases. The tool is avaliable from

http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx/

From the site

Addon Converter X is a plugin for FSX that makes many add-on aircraft and sceneries developed for FS2004 compatible with FSX SP2 and FSX Acceleration Pack.
    Many existing aircraft and sceneries suffer display problems with these FSX versions, such as missing textures or missing scenery objects in the DirectX 10 mode. Addon Converter X resolves many of these problems on the fly, thus allowing you to enjoy thousands of sceneries and aircraft developed for previous Flight Simulator versions with FSX.
    Addon Converter X does not modify any files you have installed in FSX. It performs conversions on the fly as FSX is loading files. You don't have to "convert" any add-ons you are installing. Simply copy them into FSX, and Addon Converter X will make any necessary changes automatically.

New in version 1.02
    • Ability to fix pre-FS2004 objects made with SCASM (this should resolve issues with many payware sceneries).
    • Ability to fix virtual traffic aircraft that are not in Aircraft and Rotorcraft subfolders.
    • Bugfix: Missing virtual cockpit textures in aircraft with more than 32767 polygons.
    • Bugfix: Some aircraft parts were showing up as semitransparent.
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    Hi,

There is a tool (module) that converts dx9 grafics to dx10 compatible mode. You just install the module and the converter works at the backround. White textures problem at dx10 preview has gone away for me at most of the cases. The tool is avaliable from

http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx/
    Hi Achilles

Yes I have come across this tool before but never tried it. I was not aware that it also worked with scenery files.

Out of interest have you tried it with Heathrow 2008 from Aerosoft which has some DX10 runway texture problems ?

Many thanks

Lufty

Quote Originally Posted by LUFTY View Post
    Hi Achilles

Yes I have come across this tool before but never tried it. I was not aware that it also worked with scenery files.

Out of interest have you tried it with Heathrow 2008 from Aerosoft which has some DX10 runway texture problems ?

Many thanks

Lufty
    Hi Lufty,

No. Not at Heathrow, but I can confirm that works at FrankfurtX of Aerosoft.

If a scenery is made for FSX at DX9 mode, then 99% (100% 3d objects) (50% ground textures) works with this tool with DX10 preview enabled.
    With best regards,
    Achilles

Lightbulb

Hi Again,

In case of DX10 mode, then better memory shader is avaliable and the GPU can get all the load of maximized settings with out any problem. Tested with ATI 4870x2 and Nvidia GTX280.
    With best regards,
    Achilles

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345