Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Red face embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by mauriceb View Post
    Matt oh Matt! How disappointing! You started this forum and you are still living in the past. You of all people should be a trail blazer & at the forefront of new technology

FS9 will be history soon (FSX will be history later as well). Hasn't anyone learned from the past yet?

Maurice
    LMAO.....

Will I fly FSX once I have my super duper computer going... you bet. But I think FS9 will be my main FS.
    I should of added at the end of my statement "for now." I love FSX, I just don't have anything descent to run it on... for now.... LMAO

Damn, why does Maurice have to be so right.... LOL I'm embarrassed

Matt Olieman

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Look everyone, listen to Maurice. Sure FSX can be slower on some hardware but you don't have to spend much to get it to perform, and it's soooooo nice. Fly once with something like Orbix FTX loaded and you just won't bother going back. Yes FS9 can still be enjoyed immensely with current hardware specs just as a bicycle can get you from A to B at little cost, but there's no doubting a car will do it in more comfort and style.

FSX (as will be FS11) is the future and I recommend giving it a go.

BTW, if you're not getting good performance with FSX using medium spec hardware then there's something wrong with your hardware and/or software setup.

Just my 2 bobs worth

Ken.
    I've must of missed this somewhere, can you tell me about Orbit FTX?

Matt Olieman

Boeing 777 Builder

Matt your missing out if you haven't experienced a great Aussie innovation in scenery. FTX stands for Full Terrain Experience and it's the commercial arm of Vista Australis, the freeware Australian scenery design team. The scenery is so realistic you have to pinch yourself when flying over it to see if your dreaming it or not. Take a look at some of the screenshots HERE. The real bonus with this scenery however is that it uses a proprietry software engine that actually speeds up your simming. Don't ask me how but this extra detailed scenery runs faster than stock! Who cares how if it works though! Only Australian scenery at this stage however, but we're a big country.

Check it out. Oh, of course you have to be running FSX, sorry Matt

Ken.

P.S. Take a look at the YMML promo video for the full experience HERE.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

4. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    Damn, why does Maurice have to be so right.... LOL I'm embarrassed

Matt Olieman

I'm just trying to stimulate the US economy here. Buy, buy, buy otherwise us Canadians will suffer as well

But here is a lesson in History 101

.New FS versions will almost always need new hardware

.The next FS version will very likely be better than the one you have now

.Your current hardware will be obsolete as soon as you walk away from the store

.You can cry all you want about how unfair it is that you need new hardware to run the current FS version, but this is how a free market & free enterprise works.

. These discussions about the benefits/shortcomings of new FS versions are now & will always be pointless except as a form of 'entertainment' in the forums. Like religion & politics, you will seldom if ever convince someone who does not share your views, although it can be fun trying.

. The only difference between flight simulation & marriage is that even though you may love your wife/better half, newer models are very tempting at times. With marriage, very expensive (& dangerous) to try on new models; with flight simulation, very expensive (& not so dangerous) to try on new models.

Maurice

WOw.. I swear last month the support was for a faster dual core, now were back to quad core...

Any one know a better place to look for one of these Asus super computers? I've been watching tiger direct and new egg and the prices are getting within reach, especially the Bare Bones computers,but...... I figure xmas time will be better to upgrade

Running FSX on P-4 with soon to be 4G's of Ram NEtworked on 5 computers.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Matt your missing out if you haven't experienced a great Aussie innovation in scenery. FTX stands for Full Terrain Experience and it's the commercial arm of Vista Australis, the freeware Australian scenery design team. The scenery is so realistic you have to pinch yourself when flying over it to see if your dreaming it or not. Take a look at some of the screenshots HERE. The real bonus with this scenery however is that it uses a proprietry software engine that actually speeds up your simming. Don't ask me how but this extra detailed scenery runs faster than stock! Who cares how if it works though! Only Australian scenery at this stage however, but we're a big country.

Check it out. Oh, of course you have to be running FSX, sorry Matt

Ken.

P.S. Take a look at the YMML promo video for the full experience HERE.
    Quite impressive..... speechless

Matt Olieman

75+ Posting Member Mr. Midnight's Avatar

double wow

gotta love this site,

as i said my dual core 8500 just got here from newwegg.

im just wanting the best that is out there to make my system run at its best.

when i was running fs9 , i had all kinds of software loaded and was adding more and more to make it look and run better.

when fsx came out as you good folks say it wanted a good system to run on, now that they have good systems to run on , can i load up software, scenery, radar contact, wideview, and all those nice planes , and weather engines, and etc.etc. and more etc.

i would love to run FSX , becuase i to like to stay up on technology, but it seems that FSX wants you to fly it there way and force you to upgrade and upgrade and upgrade.

what sytem will allow me to absolutely get all of these things without me having to spend so much time tweaking instead of injoying.

is it possible to get 20 fps from a powerful computer no matter what i throw at it.

and im not talking abut just running FSX and a few good planes and such.

from a desktop viewpoint i can see where folks get all of what they want out of the games, but from simmers like us that are not satisfied with just desktop , flying , nnnnoooo we have to build one and want more.

so here is a question for you hardcore simmers, are you using FSX just like FS9, and the only upgrade you did was get a better computer, or did FSX force you to take less than what you got with FS9,

even from a year ago im still seeing folks on other sites still having upgrade problems with FSX, and now im hearing about FS11.

im hoping that it will slow down a little so that i can keep up with it so that i can design my pit around the best that is out there.

because in reality all i want to do is fly, but as usual i have the bug to have the best that is out there.

Thanks for listening...........Robert

Well well well

I recieved my new pc today morning. I installed vista 64bit for test and installed fsx. I put everythink to ultra high, checked everythink including bloom. Went to KJFK, morning with real weather. A lot of clounds. I would say many black clouds. The AI traffic was so big. A lot of cars inside the airport. At my left side, a lot of skyscreapers.

I desided to press shift-z. I closed my eyes and open them again.

I do not believe that. 39 FRAMES. I pressed S to have an out view. FU.... Frames went to 31. Made a 360 view turn and NO SLUTTERS. Pressed slew and went to 4000 ft. Frames 54.

Then installed aerosoft EDDF. Same setting as before(Ultra high). Unbeliavable. Frames 43. BETTER. 360 view and no slutters.

I unchecked bloom and earn 3 frames. No big deal.

I AM ABLE TO FLY FSX
    I AM VERY HAPPY
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

Achilles, what's in your new PC?

Matt Olieman

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesP View Post
    I AM ABLE TO FLY FSX
    I AM VERY HAPPY
    Hi Achilles,
    I'm also happy about your new PC, i can understand your happiness with this new "toy",

.......but i need more than 1.200euros to buy ONLY the CPU

So........ i prefer to invest these 2000 euros (at low cost stock prices ), than to buy a FSX-pc and remain in FS9 for the moment.

I would like to upgrade later to FSX, (ok, it is really better than Fs9), according available add-ons, like new aircrafts and new sceneries.

Eddie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast