Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thumbs up

Simply beautiful!!
    I like your cockpit lighting very much!!

You have a very nice project!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Regards / Per Alm

Quote Originally Posted by mlscotti View Post
    Wow, your throttle and yoke mechanix looks awesome, how did you do it, and where do you get those kind of parts? I got sick of cutting stuff out of wood and raw aluminum stock from home depot and went back to ch products for now. Also where did you get the extra clock and glass cockpit set up, is that magenta with an add on? Mike

I was fortunate to locate the throttle on line but that was just lucky find. As for yoke, I made that from a pair of yokes I also found online on ebay from a Socata. Eventually I hope to have real or simulated Learjet yokes. If you want to see how I made the yoke there are some pictures here in the photo gallery. You can also check out the work done by another member, Ken Brand ("Kennair"). His yoke setup inspired mine.

As for the extra guages in the middle (which I think you are refering to when you say clock?) they are standby guages (ASI, ADI, and Altimeter) and are not PM. They are by a guy named Dave Ault (www.learjet45chimera.co.uk ). He also does the Crew Warning panel right below them. The RMUs at the bottom are available with the PMRJ suite or also from Dave but the ones shown are beta units from Flight Deck Software (keep an eye out for more wonderful stuff from this company).

The rest of the panels I am making myself on a cnc. I was awaiting Laser panels from another supplier but the deal went south and after many problems communicating with the company and delays in delivery I just gave up and am making my own.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Beautiful work Scott, you're a credit to the industry. Love the night shot too. How's the OC programming coming along?

Ken.
    Thanks Ken. I appreciate the comment. As for OC, I am getting there. I have been working on modifying the code I got from you and figuring out all of the inputs. I had to rewire some things because the way the grounds are grouped in groups of 9 inputs and I had some challenges figuring out the rotaries but am well on my way. I have been working right now to get everything wired back up so I can test. I like SIOC though and the more I get into the code the more lightbulbs go off in my head of what I can do to interface the Learjet. All of us pitbuilders in the Learjet community are working really hard and this plane is well on its way to becoming a reality.

I will try to keep update. BTW - yours is looking awesome also and love the radios you just added. Nice tutorial you did as well. BTW - I love your Pilatus setup but every time I look at your pit I see a Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang wanting to jump out of it! You have the perfect setup for that plane.

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Per Alm View Post
    Simply beautiful!!
    I like your cockpit lighting very much!!

You have a very nice project!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Regards / Per Alm
    Thanks Per. Nothing compared to yours yet but yours is definitely an inspiration. Some day we will all have a nice Learjet fly in.

Boeing 777 Builder

Quote Originally Posted by XOrionFE View Post
    T BTW - I love your Pilatus setup but every time I look at your pit I see a Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang wanting to jump out of it! You have the perfect setup for that plane.

Regards,
    Scott
    Don't do that to me Scott, I've just spent the morning surfing the Mustang forum imagining and crafting how this bird would morph into my sim!!!

As I responded in Per's post, I've also been tinkering with the Lear 45 addon from Friendly Panels which is a good upgrade from the stock FSX Lear. It's really sweet, and Per's FS9 airfile works fine in FSX also, so you never know what this thing will turn out to be Multifunction was always the aim but then again, I'd love to lock it in.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456