Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    If only I had a copy of FS20. I have no idea what kind of machine it will require but I bet all this will be quite moot by then. Hmm... Thats in about 25 years from now... I might live to see that.
    The engine parameters are inside .air file. Until now fspassagers can create a failure if you do not servive the airplane. So, why next version not to edit .air file automatic for engine loss of power due to years old? It is not a big deal. Can be done. But it depends from the request's they will recieve.
    With best regards,
    Achilles
    http://www.thefsps.com

Austin;s X-Plane was initially designed for testing prototype aircraft that hadn't been built yet.

It's a good approximation of a plane's potential, but comparing thr real-world 172 to the X-Plane one, the model is flawed for existing aircraft.

One simple test I always do with any flight sim, is to see how it models P-factor. High angle of attack, and that damn ball stays centered in a prop airplane... X-plane and FS9, FSX fail horribly at this. One reason I went with X-plane is because I simply can not stand how FS9/X handle cross wind landings and watching my airplane go down the runway crabbed into the wind long after touchdown. I am sorry, that annoys me so horribly.
    At the end of the day, a sim is mainly a procedures trainer. FS9/X and X-plane without question are best used for simulating and practicing instrument flight and procedures. Without question.

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by WJH308 View Post
    FS9/X and X-plane without question are best used for simulating and practicing instrument flight and procedures. Without question.
    You're right. You can learn where things are in the cockpit so also excellent for checklist items for the main panels. You can learn about how systems work a little. You can even learn systems like the G1000 or flight management computers if faithfully reproduced. You can learn basic American VFR ATC procedures, and as you say Instrument flying (though not so much the communciation experience as SIDS, STARS and airways are not supported by base).

But there's a good reason why the pros use (real) Level D simulators and hands on flying on flights with passengers. At least for now...
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12