Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: classic flight

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Another question on this topic

I am designing a motion base and was also thinking of getting my boards and interface software from classic flight. After reading this thread I feel warned off however. I don't want to deal with a company that offers (apparently) no customer support.

So...can anyone recommend a different supplier for boards and interface software? I will be using FSX with FSUIPC. If I need to write the software myself can anyone recommend some resouces for the code. I've never written an interface program so don't really no where to begin from the software angle. I would prefer to buy something off the shelf if available.

150+ Forum Groupie

Wink Motion Sim

Hi Guys Just wanted to jump in .. i too have started to build my own motion Cockpit and yes have found great learning experiance .. My Hybrid platform was originally built based on great free information from Jim in new zealand, Rolan van der roy and Craig warner and MANY MORE ... all these guys have shown whats possible without breaking the bank and or being Einstien ok ok they may not be For The heavies in terms of full size 737 etc but as great entertaining and knowledge building projects these are the business ... i too thought about classic flight but really by browsing the net i came across info for free that met my needs ...am not averse to paying my way but better deals were found ... i can highly recommend Ian At Bugies Built for fun.. Now there's a guy that can make Motion happen for the Commom man if ever and to cap it all his Control software is a bargin have bought them and am always lurking around his website for update ..Great bloke and helpfull as well ( No I dont get paid by him for this LOL ) another very good Site and i hope you guys dont mind me mentioning them is X-Simulator in germany Treasure trove of motion stuff to be found there in english and anything in german via Babelfish ( Thanks to the internet i can even read Japanese forum Content now thats serious Progress ) MY Only issue going down this road has been Actuators ....Which ever way you cut it up to now decent DIY Pocket Friendly Geared Actuators have been the achilles heal of my project .. Prototype worked great ( scared the living daylights out of the missus (Test pilot ) but As i got more adventerous and added an enclosed cockpit so the weight began to play a part ..Hence my 2DOF cockpit is sitting on its Universal Pivot point waiting for beefier Motors ....But am in no way detered by this i think of it as the long game and as they say keep watching this space

25+ Posting Member

Hiya Robert,
    I, like you, just recently jumped into cockpits and motion. You have a lot more cool stuff than I do though. As I was unsure of component placement and to allow for some upgrades I started with PVC. It may sound a little cheezy but the cost was minimal and if something didn't feel right it only took a couple of cuts on a 2$ piece of PVC to correct it. I'm using thinwalled 1.5" square tubing for the next step (motion) and I can take the mesurements right off of my existing chair safe in the knowledge that I'm cutting and welding only once. Even if you use wood to mount your radios and instruments to, you can still frame it with PVC. Which again allows for the oops factor. It took me 2 days to build my setup so downtime was minimal. After I had it finished I decided to add a 17" monitor I had. $12 in PVC and half a day and i was back in business. The nicest thing is I can fly while working on the motion seat.
    John

Here's a link to some pictures if you're interested http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/sho...d.php?t=193685

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12