Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Hi from YHBA

  1. #1
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Hi from YHBA

    G'Day all,

    I've only just started simming (under 2 years), FSX was my first , I've spent about 70% of my time programming SimConnect and missions, but have now started to investigate the possibility of creating a replica of the Jabiru 250, the RA plane I would like to own some day.

    I have some of the necessary equipment, yoke, pedals, throttle, and have 2 monitors running off 1 PC and a laptop running my flight planner etc.

    I look forward to picking the brains of all you guru's for the best way to create my cockpit and what I can and cant get away with over the coming months.

    - Nudge

  2. #2
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,392
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Welcome to MyCockpit Nudge.
    You will find lots of info here.

    If I were you, I'd write Jabiru and ask them if they have a damaged cockpit shell in the factory they would sell you at a good price. Chances are very good that they do have one and are willing to sell it. Then you can build your sim inside it. And since it is an actual shell, you should be able to mount it on a motion platform later as well.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

  3. #3
    150+ Forum Groupie Tony Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South West, Western Australia
    Posts
    253
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Quote Originally Posted by Nudge View Post
    G'Day all,

    I've only just started simming (under 2 years), FSX was my first , I've spent about 70% of my time programming SimConnect and missions, but have now started to investigate the possibility of creating a replica of the Jabiru 250, the RA plane I would like to own some day.

    I have some of the necessary equipment, yoke, pedals, throttle, and have 2 monitors running off 1 PC and a laptop running my flight planner etc.

    I look forward to picking the brains of all you guru's for the best way to create my cockpit and what I can and cant get away with over the coming months.

    - Nudge

    Welcome from not so sunny YBUN.

    I've not flown the Jabiru although there are a few around here. Looks like a nice little bus but not fast or aerobatic enough for my tastes!!

    Good luck with the build and don't worry about being new....we all had our "first" flightsim at some stage.,
    "Tony"

    In memory of Flt Lt Tony Hill who, on 5 December 1941, at the request of Doctor R V Jones, successfully photographed a small "Würzburg radar" at Bruneval on the French coast. This from a height of only 200 ft, at high speed, under fire and from a camera mounted obliquely behind the cockpit.

  4. #4
    300+ Forum Addict BlackWidow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tehacahpi CA, USA
    Posts
    498
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Welcome

    So what are you flying around in with FSX is there a freeware Jab out there? have you given any thought to what type of panel you will use (G1000 or steam gauges). Anyway good luck with your project.
    Mike G.

  5. #5
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Thanks for the welcome guys.


    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Welcome to MyCockpit Nudge.
    You will find lots of info here.

    If I were you, I'd write Jabiru and ask them if they have a damaged cockpit shell in the factory they would sell you at a good price. Chances are very good that they do have one and are willing to sell it. Then you can build your sim inside it. And since it is an actual shell, you should be able to mount it on a motion platform later as well.
    That's a great idea and will certainly be doing that, and being that they are only 1.5 hours from me, getting it here will be a good price too



    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hill
    I've not flown the Jabiru although there are a few around here. Looks like a nice little bus but not fast or aerobatic enough for my tastes!!

    The jabiru is a plank you need to get use to some would say, but for the price, just under 60K for the kit, or around 80K pre built, I think it's a great little plane for RA flying.

    It's not very fast, pushing it will get you only 130 knts.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow
    So what are you flying around in with FSX is there a freeware Jab out there? have you given any thought to what type of panel you will use (G1000 or steam gauges). Anyway good luck with your project.
    There is a freeware jabiru for fs2004, but non of the guages worked for it in FSX, so I decided to teach myself gmax to build my own, that's not happening very fast though

    In the meantime, I've edited an .AIR file for the cessna 182 to suite the jabiru specs.

    If you don't use the chase plane view, it almost seems real enough

    I'm still researching what brand/type of guages I will use, I don't really want to go a glass cockpit, I'd rather the old fashioned way, must be an age thing


    - Nudge

  6. #6
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,392
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    I have FS Panel Studio. Where do I get the freeware Jab? I can fix the panel.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

  7. #7
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    I have FS Panel Studio. Where do I get the freeware Jab? I can fix the panel.

    To be honest i can't remember where I got the version I have, but I have this one bookmarked at simvation http://simviation.com/fs2004props16.htm i could upload the one I have tho

  8. #8
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,392
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    That looks more like a Flight Design CT.
    If you can upload yours that will be fine.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

  9. #9
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    After responding to your last post, i went in search of the plane I am using and found it at avsim.

    The filename is jabiru.zip and is developed by Byron Warwick in 2003

    Everything about this model is great, even the engine sounds and how to start it is replicated (a little throttle before it kicks over). I tried finding the developer to see if he would create a new model for FSX but had no luck.

    http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=39845


    - Nudge

  10. #10
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,392
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Ok, Download these 2 files.
    Rename Panel.txt to Panel.cfg
    The other one is fine. Paste them into your panel folder of the Jabiru.
    This is only the main 2D panel and the minipanel for the default plane. You will have to insert it into the other variations.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

  11. Thanks Nudge thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast