Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Any other good Lear45 Panels beside PMRJ?

Is there anyone making panels for Lear45 beside PMRJ that will run through Wideclient like PMRJ off seperate CPU? I like the looks of PMRJ bu my experience with PM so far using the GAIFR panel is that they dont seem to want to fix any errors in the software and are not doing any further work in it. I see the same happening with the RJ panels. Seems like they are mainly concentrating on the heavy iron and I am skeptical about pay so much for panels that I am guessing will never have any further development or support.

Scott

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Hi Scott

I understand your position and agree to an extent. Recently Enrico provided a few updates to the PMRJ and it's nice now having some EICAS messages. However, these are the only major improvements in a very long time. There is another person by the name of Robin Van S. (Stoney3K) that is slowly working on some Primus 1000 styel avionics, but it's slow and uncertain I believe. Also there are some other parties working on some solutions, but that is still to be seen how complete they are. How great would it be if someone could use FS Panel Studio and WideFS to get it to work on a network!?! :-]
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

That would be great if they did. I did see some panel studio stuff for the Lear out there that looked pretty good but I like the idea of running from a seperate pc and I do like the way PM works in this respect. Well, I may have to bite the bullet. Just wish they would lower their price a little if they are not going to provide a lot of updates anymore to it.

BTW,
    I mentioned I have 2 15" monitors to us...well they are actually 17" and I do have a seperate 15 available. The 17inch actual screen size is 10 3/4 inch tall by 13 1/4 wide and exacly 17 inch on diaganol. Would these work for Pilot and Copilot sides? I can throw the 15 in the midddle of the panel for RMUs.

Also, I see on your site you had some nice scale print outs you were using. Were did you get those from? Do you have something electronic that I coudl have and print out so I could do similiar?

Finally, isnt there a CDU in a Lear? What is your plan for this if so?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XOrionFE View Post
    That would be great if they did. I did see some panel studio stuff for the Lear out there that looked pretty good but I like the idea of running from a seperate pc and I do like the way PM works in this respect. Well, I may have to bite the bullet. Just wish they would lower their price a little if they are not going to provide a lot of updates anymore to it.

BTW,
    I mentioned I have 2 15" monitors to us...well they are actually 17" and I do have a seperate 15 available. The 17inch actual screen size is 10 3/4 inch tall by 13 1/4 wide and exacly 17 inch on diaganol. Would these work for Pilot and Copilot sides? I can throw the 15 in the midddle of the panel for RMUs.

Also, I see on your site you had some nice scale print outs you were using. Were did you get those from? Do you have something electronic that I coudl have and print out so I could do similiar?

Finally, isnt there a CDU in a Lear? What is your plan for this if so?
    Hi Scott

The LJ45 does have either 1 or two CDUs depending on what the customer orders. It uses the Universal UNS-1E. Joe Cygan of Innovative has announced a CDU and once it's available it will be a nice solution.

The scale print outs are a .pdf file that's floating around out there that shows the layout.

Eric
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Scott,

Currently I am using the PMRJ version 91 and things seem to be getting better. Be glad we have Eric on our side pushing Enrico's button on getting the PMRJ guys some updates (in which he is doing)!!

I am using 2-15" and 1 10" for my displays once i get the cockpit shell from Ron I will be changing out my 15" to 17" for the full 10.4 display. I believe you will need to get a 10" for the RMU section due to the limited space for the 3 standby gauges from flight illusions or simkits.

I have completed my electrical and landing panels with my AML21 push buttons along with my vinyl stickers I had created at Kinko's. I will be posting pictures once my house is up and running again.

As far as the PDF Eric has mentioned I have a copy of it but it is not to scale you will need the exact dimensions from Eric to tell the printing shop to blow up to the given sizes. Again once I'm up and running I will email it over to you.

Regarding the CDU, I spoke with someone one over at opencockpits.com and there were going to create and exact replica (plug n play like Engravity's but for the Lear style) of the universal CDU Eric was talking about and once completed the cost would be around the 500-700 range. I was awaiting Joe's panels before I ventured that way.

Hope this informations helps and I will be in touch.

Thank you guys for checking on my wife and I during this time of hurricane recovery. It is much appreciated. I have been trapped at my mother in laws thank goodness that I can link my phone up to my computer and use the internet, dunno what I would do!!!

Take Care,
    --

Kris S.
    Seabrook,Texas

www.lear45project.org

Also proud supporter of..
    http://hangar45.net
    www.innovativefsp.com

Thanks guys.

I just fired off an email to Eric but Rick (rt72) was kind enough to send me a drawing last night which I had printed at Kinkos this morning, Thanks Rick!

It looks excellent and shoudl be pretty close to scale. Close enough for me anyway. I checked my monitors and they are both 17 inch ones. I will have to hunt down a small one for the center. I would like to find a way to use my PMGAIFR copy to put the standby guages up and still have PMRJ handle the rest. I should be able to do this but may have to setup another computer for that. Would be nice if PM could include these right in the PMRJ panels. That should be easy enough for them to do but I would be surprised if it hadnt already been requested.

Anyway, if you guys think PMRJ is the way to go then that is what I will do. I have with the exception of a couple minor annoying issues I have been pretty happy with the PM GAIFR panels thus far. I just gotta face spending another $300.

Any TQ plans, drawings, or operational vidoes out there for the Lear?

Thank you,
    Scott

PS - good luck down there. I hope you find your home ok when you get back.

I've got the website link of the company that makes the Lear 45 Throttle/pedestal. I got a CAD drawing (PDF) right from the site. I'll try to find it later and post it, if someone else doesn't get it to you by then.

Wow,

Awesome

That is some serious detail.

Thanks again!
    Scott

Just my 2c,

After thinking a lot, I took a different approach to the problem of the displays.
    I tested the PMRJ, but even if Enrico is italian as me, and I would be happy to use his software, it doesen't seem to me complete at all atm and the free OpenRJ project looks almost dead.

Then I realized that the cheap FriendlyPanel LJ45 is very good and even if lacking part of the great smoothness and interfacing capabilities of PMRJ, I will use it after having rearranged with FSPS to remove the bezels and other things I don't need, creating a main panel with just the PFD,MFD and RMU over the black background. The Learjet 45 is a simple aircraft at end. It will be easier for me as I made the shell slightly wider (5 inches exactly) and managed to fit all the 3 displays over a 19" monitor after a really long planning time. A sort of restyling to the old LJ45. I then moved the analog gauges to the center of the MIP too, by placing them vertically and freed some space to even fit mechanical gauges. Maybe sometime in the future.

I believe, then, that this MAIN pc, that manage the displays, will be in truth a less powerfull one (not too much but a 70$ dualcore will be enough), as it will have to handle just the opencockpits and joystick cards and a slimmed FSX installation with FSUIPC, WideFS, Wideview and the 2D panels.
    The more powerfull will be instead networked trough Wideview to show the external views and handle the addons. I'll have a third one too, a tiny VIA Epia, onto the pedestal for the CDU, throttle motors card, and a special all around panel with an 8" touch lcd to manage almost anything in the simulator network trough scripts (an eventual GPS, managing of flight plans, Radar Contact's ATC, AdvDisp, ActiveSky, Squawbox etc).

P.S: I believe that PMRJ has the standby gauges as well... Or am I missing something? (Question for the big bosses Eric and co.)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast