Administrator

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Richard Wright Passes Away

Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died today September 15, 2008. He was 65.

Pink Floyd's spokesman Doug Wright, who is not related to the artist, said Wright died after a battle with cancer at his home in Britain. He says the band member's family did not want to give more details about his death.
    David Gilmour had this to say about the sad news: "No one can replace Richard Wright. He was my musical partner and my friend. In the welter of arguments about who or what was Pink Floyd, Rick's enormous input was frequently forgotten. He was gentle, unassuming and private but his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognised Pink Floyd sound. I have never played with anyone quite like him. The blend of his and my voices and our musical telepathy reached their first major flowering in 1971 on 'Echoes'. In my view all the greatest PF moments are the ones where he is in full flow. After all, without 'Us and Them' and 'The Great Gig In The Sky', both of which he wrote, what would 'The Dark Side Of The Moon' have been? Without his quiet touch the Album 'Wish You Were Here' would would not quite have worked. In our middle years, for many reasons he lost his way for a while, but in the early Nineties, with 'The Division Bell', his vitality, spark and humour returned to him and then the audience reaction to his appearances on my tour in 2006 was hugely uplifting and it's a mark of his modesty that those standing ovations came as a huge surprise to him, (though not to the rest of us). Like Rick, I don't find it easy to express my feelings in words, but I loved him and will miss him enormously."

David Gilmour
    Monday 15th September 2008

A very sad day for some of us Pink Floyd simmers
    Attached Images Attached Images

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi Larry - I am gutted, this is a death notice I placed in today's West Austraian newspaper page 81.

Pink Floyd's replacement Australian bass player, Guy Pratt (Ex Icehouse) is married to Rick's daughter 'Gala' I believe.

Gwyn
    Last edited by Westozy; 09-16-2008 at 11:50 PM.

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

When the Shuttle exploded, I was stunned.
    When John Lennon was killed, I was angry beyond measure.
    When George Harrison died I grieved for a week.
    When My Dad died, I cried.
    Now Rich has gone and I know what bittersweet really means.

Father, We pray that you will accept our brother into your kingdom. While his music was not geared to your kingdom, it made many of us feel so much closer to You. We pray that he knew and loved you so that we may all join the ultimate band and rejoice together again at Your feet when the time comes. Thank You Lord, in Jesus name. Amen.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Good on all of ya. I had not realized this till now. I too love his music and work with PF.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Unhappy

A sad day in Rock & Roll history for sure.

He'll be missed.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!