10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Greetings from UHSS, Russia!

Hello all! This is just to say "hi" to all of you who dedicate so much time, money, effort to enjoy our best hobby in the world . Let me introduce myself. My name is Denis, I live in Russia, Sakhalin island, airport ICAO Code - UHSS. I am a virtual pilot since 2004 and the idea of making a home cockpit has been drilling holes in my brain for almost two years, after I realised that a single monitor is far too little to have for flying . The prospective of spending as much as 5-7 years building a home cockpit with no experience and electrical skills whatsoever just made me lose my heart. But now, having seen a dozen of already built cockpits over the internet I thought "Den, you ain't worse!" . Head higher, eyes heading into the future, I've made up my mind to start building my dream - a B767-300 cockpit! However, the decision itself does not make things move, so I need to start with something. And this something is actually not the easiest thing to figure out . That's why I think from now on I'm becoming a constant user of this site and all of you, please be prepared to the tons of questions, as again, I am a total ZERO when it comes to the things that you guys do and write here about.

Denis,
    Welcome to MyCockpit! There is a wealth of information here in threads that have for the most part identify an issue or a solution. Best advise I could give you is to read all you can. And you are right, you can build your own pit. Many start with a simple desire and end up being premeir builders. Again, Welcome!
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Welcome to the site.

We all started at ground zero. Unless of course some of us worked at Boeing or Airbus, or a multitude of other manufacturers. Not many here did, but a couple of the members fly 'em for a living.

I started off with one home-made Alternate Flap panel and you see where that lead me. I didn't have any intentions to take it as far as I did...it just happened.

You sound like a builder! Get to it!

Regards
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!