Thread: Hello from KSEA

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from KSEA

Hi All,

Let me introduce myself: My name is Boaz, I am the happy and proud dad of a soon-to-be 2 year old son Daniel. Besides the joy of fatherhood, I have also decided to start on what I have wanted to do for many years: A home cockpit.
    I have my eyes set on a A320, and I am wondering how to get a best start at this. I have been doing some calculations, and I can see that it indeed will be a long-term project. Now, the question is: What advice can I get in terms of executing this? I am thinking that some parts I will by pre-assembled, some parts I will want to make myself. In order to limit what I have to pay up front, how do I get started?

Thanks, and looking forward to spent way too much time chatting with all of you

Boaz
    KSEA

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Hi Boaz,

Welcome aboard, you're in the right place for guidance and congratulations of being a father and enjoying it!!!!!

There are some wonderful A320 projects here, with lots of experience for you. Enjoy!!!!

Oh, and we love pics, as you can tell, so we want to see pics of your progress

Matt Olieman

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Boaz,

Great to have you here! Well first thing is first, get yourself familiar with the forums, and the people.

Keep in mind, you can save a lot of money doing things yourself.

Other then that, you need to plan, plan, and plan, to find out exactly where you want to start.

Most people start with the MIP (Main instrument panel)

Best regards,

Trev

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

While planning is neccesary and a very good thing, don't let it get in the way of you actually starting to build something.

Too many people plan a simulator to death and before you know it planning a simulator has become a full-time hobby instead of building a simulator.

There is no book of instructions to build a simulator and anything done wrong or not to your liking can be done again. Your time costs you nothing and you'll need a lot of it in this hobby. And on that note, don't forget about the Commander in Chief.

Welcome to the forums. I hope your build goes well.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!