Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

We are serious builders which spend huge amounts of our time and money. And also expect to be respected for that from the vendors. I dont like others to waste my time or money.

I try to put a little quality in the stuff I make for myself, and it is expected that I get what I pay for when receiving a product, or asking questions from a vendor.

Most of the time we pay in advance without ever seen the actual product in real. That puts some responsibility on the manufacturers. So they can stand up for the quality of their products.

I am looking very much forward to see the effect Trevor`s licencing can make. Very interesting. Maybe the not serious vendors just disappear.

But there is some light shining also Lots of good products on the market with excellent support. And lots of good products to come in the future from many vendors. Hopefully there will also be made more products for the GA market. Sure it is needed if someone could just see the market potential.

25+ Posting Member

I agree totally. Its been a long time coming. Trevor and Matt , Im sure you both know how and when you started this hobby. Many people , especially me rely on the great knowledge of such forums like Mycockpit.org . A lot of people have saved up their life savings to build and not have the physical know how to build from scratch so they go and buy replicas from suppliers.
    I myself have come accross a few suppliers that I am absolutely up to my necks with lack of quality and support. I could probably write a thesaurus with the obscenities that I frequently yell out every now and again.
    I think it is time that we should all stand up and let everybody know all our experiences with these vendors. I even have pictures to show!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Well, this is the reasoning behind all of this.

It has been clear to us that there has been many lets call them (Instances) where you guys "the community" have had poor experiences with Vendors. Really as Matt and I are putting the finishing touches on the certification process, it will be up to you guys "AS A COMMUNITY" to request that seal of approval.

It won't happen over night, but as Vendors come on board, and the community accepts our certification, everyone will be happier.

What we need to do as a community is pull together and demand that certification, so that you can feel comfortable spending the time any money on a product, and at the very least have some recourse if the support level goes south.

Picture an entire community going to bat for you if you have a bad experience with a vendor.

It has to work, and with the MyCockpit name backing you up, just think of the results you will get from it.

Matt and I have felt that we need to do something for the community, and thats why MyCockpit is here. To help all builders with their projects, and if we can't provide you with piece of mind when you buy a product, then we have failed as a helpful community.

Anyway, Once we finish the certification, I will be sure to post it here, so that everyone can comment on things they would like to see that maybe Matt and I have missed.

This truly is an exciting project for MyCockpit, and we hope the community realizes it is all for the benefit of protecting our investments with the way we have to purchase products.

Trev

This is an absolute fantastic idea!!

150+ Forum Groupie

I know people don't really name names here too much and that's reasonable. However, I think it's fair to do so in context so people can make up their own minds. Whenever I've done that, I try to stick to facts rather than opinion. That way it's easier for someone to decide whether it IS the supplier or an incompetent customer.

Also it's good to praise the good suppliers wherever possible, for things like customer service which is often forgotten until it comes to calling upon it. As a service provider in my profession, I get furious when less experienced and cheaper people are hired first, and then I get called in last minute because the low experience person screwed up. But now there's little budget remaining so they want me to work doubly fast for the same money (yes this DID actually happen, and they couldn't understand when I started laughing at them).

In conclusion, I'm firmly behind the 'get what you pay for' thinking, except it's a shame that this is ALWAYS an after thought, rarely being used to justify the right choice up front.
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

Trevor & Matt,
    Please include stated lead times in the process. i understand that they may change, but the consumer must be made aware of that change and the vendor should then honor and commit to a new stated ship date. Here is what I mean and I am not singling out any vendor as I have seen some post lead times. Some have larger customers, and when you order, you hope the lead time stated is good and assume it is if the vendor acknowledges you order. but as your order comes closer to the expected date, it slips for what ever reason. To me its had to send anyone, and most are outside the US a large amount of money upfront for a product that takes forever to get in my hands.

One other question; What is wrong with alerting the builder community of an inferior product as long as it is factual? As Ivar stated, what he ordered as it appeared in the picture was not within the expected quality tolerance. Try to resolve it with the vendor first, but if it is like he stated (I have no doubt it is), post pictures of the inferior product. Let others know what you got. Most likely won't even have to name the vendor as a picture speaks volumes.

Everyone remembers David L right?
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Trevor & Matt,
    Please include stated lead times in the process. i understand that they may change, but the consumer must be made aware of that change and the vendor should then honor and commit to a new stated ship date.
    This is already been taken into consideration, although the way I would expect it would be worded is, "Vendors are required to provide a shipping date/ETA of the product at the time of order placement, any deviation of this date, outside of 10 business days must be made to the customer in writing informing them of the reasons for the delay"

Again this goes to "Customer Service" which also has its own section in the Certification.

One other question; What is wrong with alerting the builder community of an inferior product as long as it is factual?
    First off, please everyone reading this thread must know. Ivar's post was not altered in any way. What you have to understand is that, public forums can be trouble. Matt and I are very clear that as long as you are describing your personal experience with someone, we will allow it. However, any individual that writes slanderous or derogatory comments are doing so at their own risk, and as soon as MyCockpit gets involved it is Shut down.

However, everyone has a right to know the companies that meet or exceed our certification. Therefore, All Customers must come to the conclusion, that if a vendor and their product is not listed as having the MyCockpit Seal of Approval, then there is added risk, to such a purchase.

On the flip side, we are not guaranteeing that if a vendor is on our list, you will be 100% Satisfied with the product either, all we are saying is that if a vendor and a product meets our certification, and you know what is required to for them to meet the criteria, there is a better chance that you will be happier with what they are selling. Provides piece of mind for customers that the item is of good value for the money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12