1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airports, Nav Aids, and Weather in PMRJ

Hi guys, this has been bugging me for a while and I would like to know if others have any helpful ideas on a resolution here for the PMRJ software in FS9.

1) Although I have Airports, Navaids, and Wx turned ON in PMRJ, why do they not show up?

I do have PMGetWx, and occasionally when in an area of bad wx it will paint a radar picture for about 2 seconds and then disapear.

Also, why am I not seeing my VOR and Intersection names on my MFD/ND?

2) How come in many instances I fire up PMRJ and have it waiting for FS to load and Ive selected a flight plan in FS, but yet the route will not display on the ND? This seems to be hit or mis. Ive found one solution is to close down PMRJ and restart it, but often this doesnt seem to make it show up. I am aware that you need to cycle thru the range distance to get it to show sometimes.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

I had an issue with this when I was first trying to setup SA-WXR. (Similar to PM getweather) It turned out to be something with my installation of PMRJ. I reinstalled PMRJ clean for each instance I wanted to run (Duplicating the original clean install folder for multiple instances appeared to cause the problem.). It worked fine after that.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    Hi guys, this has been bugging me for a while and I would like to know if others have any helpful ideas on a resolution here for the PMRJ software in FS9.

1) Although I have Airports, Navaids, and Wx turned ON in PMRJ, why do they not show up?

I do have PMGetWx, and occasionally when in an area of bad wx it will paint a radar picture for about 2 seconds and then disapear.

Also, why am I not seeing my VOR and Intersection names on my MFD/ND?

2) How come in many instances I fire up PMRJ and have it waiting for FS to load and Ive selected a flight plan in FS, but yet the route will not display on the ND? This seems to be hit or mis. Ive found one solution is to close down PMRJ and restart it, but often this doesnt seem to make it show up. I am aware that you need to cycle thru the range distance to get it to show sometimes.

All the issues you mention rely on the network to function correctly.
    This seems to me that you may have a flaky network issue.

Use jperf to make sure your network has adequate bandwidth, at least 10Mb per/s
    http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/jperf/

Make sure you have the airac db (pmrj.nav) in your pmrj directory.

With PMgetWX sometimes the radar picture gets corrupt and getWX stops responding, check getWX when you have that issue and see if its thrown up a error. This caused me lots of issues so i have stopped using the radar image.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Thanks Jeff, I will try that to test it out but I have to say that If I were having network issues, wouldnt I notice horrible lag times while in steep turns and during other events between the graphics out front and my PMRJ avionics? I think it's more related to my less than tidy install... Kris Stow mentioned that he had the same issue until he (with PMgetWx) got the licensed version of Whazzup, and now he has perfect wx showing. As to the nav display showing airports and such, I pasted the .nav file in last night and it's still not showing. Is this because I dont have the MCP/CDU package? Of course, when there's a flight plan filed I DO get the waypoints that are in the FP, and they are named- just no others.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

25+ Posting Member

Could you post your pc setup, ie how many pc's and how are they connected.

PMRJ uses two sides of the network, FSUIPC and shared folders. To me it seems the FSUIPC side is working fine, its your shared folder side that seems to be acting up.
    Narrow it down to which side you think most of your issues are on and go from there.

I had to admit the CDU does make life much nicer, especially when you need to change a flight plan on the fly.

I will send you a file to see if that will fix the navaids issue as well.