1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Starting over with PMRJ- Best practice?

Hi

Im contemplating starting over with my PMRJ installation on my two clients that run it as I have a bit of a jumble on these two machines. Im wondering if I go the 'uninstall software' route and delete folders that get left behind, will I have to send for new registrations?
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

I don't think you will as the numbers are generated from the OS/hardware. Now if you reformat the drives and re-install the OS, then maybe. I've gotten lucky one time after a re-install and got the same number. But I look at that as a fluke. But then again, I could be wrong. Worst case is a 48 hour turnaround, unless one of the PM staff just happen to scan the registration emails. If/When you do, let us know how it turned out.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

25+ Posting Member

Before you delete anything, make sure you backup / copy the pmrj.ini you have in your existing installation. This will enable you to refer to it if something goes wrong in the future (keys etc).

I have noticed that changing some hardware in your pc can trigger a new key required response from pmrj, as well as a os reinstall.

pmrj is pretty much standalone, so if you delete the directory, everything is pretty much gone. I dont think it installs anything into any of the windows directories.

Whats your trouble with it anyway?

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alaxus View Post
    Whats your trouble with it anyway?
    It's not a PMRJ fault -it's mine. Way back a year ago when I started really digging in to getting the software set up for the sim, I was having a hard time trying to figure out how to set it up for having two instances run for my main displays and then the RMUs. As a result, I made several folders of PMRJ in there (although only 2 keys were needed for each client) and as a result when I have been upgrading to the latest versions it's a complete mess on organization and it's hard to know which running version Im actually upgrading. I just simply want to clean up and reorganize on my end.

BTW- I did have to get new keys the other day when I changed my Client pc's Names to something like 'Captain' and 'Copilot' from their default names or IPs.

Like was said, if so, then at it's worst it's a 48 turn around time, usually much faster.

Thanks,
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org