Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post
    Good stuff Ken,

The PVC is a great idea! Sometimes at work I've had to bend PVC pipe and I've used the car's exhaust pipe to heat it up, it works really well.

Come around for a fly again!

Gwyn
    LOL, with that V8, I would not be surprised, Ive worked with PVC piping for about 4 years during my plumbing training period when I was younger, but I wish I had that tool to do it!!!! I had to use a gas torch for the purpose.

Boeing 777 Builder

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by W9XE/Project777 View Post
    Kaptain Ken

I to noticed the usage of PVC pipe. This is one frame design I never thought of. "I like it"

Some advantages I never thought of. Being able to run wires down through the tubing. Great possabilities.

I have a bunch of PVC tubing that I was going to use in the landing gear of my Bell 206 helicopter design. Since I moved to the B777 platform the tubing has been setting under the house. May have to re-think this.
    I must say Larry that it was a bit of a stab in the dark using PVC and it was very shaky until I glued all the couplings. It firmed up nicely at that point. Another advantage is that it's very light so there's no need for hefty support structures to hold it up. It's also easy to carry and put in place.

What is the "footprint" of your pit?
    John, the footprint is 1.5m (5ft) wide by 1.8m (6ft) long. The room itself is 2.7m (9ft) wide by 3m (10ft) long. So there's plenty of room around it, just not enough to get a good photo. However I'm yet to bring in two PC's, screens and coffee machine for those long flights.

Gwyn, I'll give you a call soon. My next task is the all important mounting of the stubbie holders!!!

Thanks for all the comments and you'll be the first to know of the progress. And there's sure be a video of the christening.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12