Thread: Seahawk SH-60

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Seahawk SH-60

I am looking at building a Seahawk SH60 simulator. I have been searching through the search engines and haven't found much in the way of dimensions or any information about building one.

If anyone has got any information that would help me it would be greatly helpful

thanks in advance.

I haven't heard of anyone doing that type of sim. You might try looking around at the fighter pit sites. Some of those folks are in the military and may have some idea on how to get some info.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

well I sort of have that problem myself... I'm building a super hornet pit(SH), not much info either. Here's what I did... Get the Natops Manual for the Seahawk(se link)
    (I googled for the SH Natops and found it free of charge( don't know about the Seahawk if it's out there(for free)

http://www.eflightmanuals.com/detail...?page=5&cID=12

I haven't read the Seahawk Natops, but there are most certainly a pic of the cockpit in the back of the manual. What I did with the SH Natops was to scale the pit to about 400% and print it on about 6 papers and glued them together (it's a PDF). If it's 400 % with the Seahawk I don't know. If you know some of the dimensions from the seahawk pit, it will make things a lot easier. eg. size of a MFD panel, size of a backup panel etc. Then it's just a matter of scalinging up until it fits.

When you have the dimensions of the front cockpit, google for pics to add rest of cockpit. Also I got a model of a hornet cockpit (1/32). Took pictures from different angels and added to a CAD, that way you can check for angles, sizes etc.

Finally have a look at this site, they don't sell to privates, but they have some nice pics of the flightcontrols(mostly for fighters though)

http://hirevsims.com/01prod/fltcontr...elo/sh6001.htm

Best regards

Heli Builder

Your key will be to find a PDF file as voucher76 mentioned. If not consider another cockpit.

I am building a Pilatus PC-9M simulator and has the same problem. Luckily Pilatus provided me with a PDF drawing of the whole cockpit. But since it is a military aircraft the rest of the documents is not public domain, they cannot help me further.

The rest I must basically figure out myself from photos on the net and the commercial ware Flight Simulator PC-9/A by IRIS. It is very challenging (and rewarding) but you get times where you wish you had more info (Or a friend in Switzerland) .

Airbus

Capt Kaneo,
    I may be able to help my son is a Flt ops officer on a flt deck of an LHA US Aircraft Carrier and they have CH53 as well as SH60s. Let me know exactly what you want and ill give him a call.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by cpt kaneo View Post
    I am looking at building a Seahawk SH60 simulator. I have been searching through the search engines and haven't found much in the way of dimensions or any information about building one.

If anyone has got any information that would help me it would be greatly helpful

thanks in advance.