Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A famous aussie saying - If it's got t*ts or wheels it's gonna be trouble!!!

Sorry to see the demise of the sim of a valued contributor...

Gwyn
    Last edited by Westozy; 08-28-2008 at 06:17 AM.

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Rob,
    You have my prayers for you and your wife. Hopefully things can be slavaged and together you can come back together stronger than ever. All things are possible in Christ.

If this is the end, then I pray that the two of you will be able to work things out peacefully and not try and destroy each other in the process.

Besides PM, What software do you have? Maybe I can help out by buying some of that from you.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

I'm speechless and shocked. You, Lisa and the kids seemed such a wonderful loving family when my wife and I met you guys and the several times you and I met. I'm really sorry for what has happened.

What ever happened, things can work out. I say that after 40 years of experience with lots of hard up and downs.

I wish you all the luck to you and Lisa and the kids.

Matt Olieman

Rob,

I don't know what your circumstances are, but having been in that same situation when my daughter was only 2 years old, I can tell you that being away from your kids (especially at a young age) will be one of the toughest things you will ever experience (I assume the kids will stay with her).

The best advice I can give you is to forget any anger you may have towards your wife and maintain a civil relationship with her. At first I considered breaking all ties to her & my daughter because of the pain I felt every time I saw & left my daughter, but I resisted that urge and I'm glad I did as my daughter blossomed into a wonderful adult with 2 separated but loving parents in her life.

It takes 2 people to make a marriage work and it also takes 2 people to make a breakup less of a trauma, especially for the kids and you will never regret keeping a good relationship with your ex-wife and your kids, especially for the sake of your kids.

Very best wishes to all of you,

Maurice

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

To all, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciate the kind words!

We are both going to got o couseling to fix ourselves first, then see if the marraige can be salvaged from there. So there is some hope. I still have to sell the sim but i might be able to come back with a 'desktop version' so all may not be lost. All is still for sale and i will be working on a lomg list of parts and prices over the next day or two. I again ask that you be patient with me in responding as i am really exhausted mentally and physically right now.

Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

From a guy being in a very similar situation: put your chin on the horizon, man! Try to save the marriage, but don't overdo it and end up in a worse situation. If it isn't any hope, then it's better to realize it and stop while you're still speaking. That's my best advice. I don't want to blow sunshine up your bottom and give you all the common advices - just remember that everything allways works out for the best, even though we might not see or understand it at the moment.

Plus - there's lots of fish in the sea, and if your relationship is over - you can feel free to bring out the fishing net! That comment saved my day the day after my wife told me that she wanted to leave me and that she had been infaithful. A colleague said it to me.

Good luck mate! My best wishes and all the hope for the best - for both of you. And if you need to share or talk, send me an email or a PM. The door is open!

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Rob, wish you all the luck and hope things will work out for you and Lisa.

Marcia and my thoughts are always with you Rob.

Matt Olieman

150+ Forum Groupie

Aviation does seem to have a habit of doing that. I was just thinking the other day despite all the new skills I've had to develop, the number one that has really helped me is diplomacy. My wife hates my sim with true passion, and now refers to it like it's another woman.

When i did my instrument rating, my instructor joked about the number of times he'd been divorced. In fact he had an acronym for it; AIDS - Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome. Amusingly he related this to his flight time. He reckoned on a divorce every 7,000 hours. Disturbingly he was on 6,500 since he last remarried.

It's a shame to get this news but life goes on and you may lose your work for a bit but you'll never lose your passion. It's in the blood.

Best of luck with everything.

Paul
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

Airbus

Hey Paul G,
    Talking of divorce lol mate get your *** over here to my place and buy some of whats left Also setup the night so we can get together in your fighter Paul.

Tim

Oh Rob, I am sorry to hear the awful news. I went through a divorce over 30 years ago. It was a terrible time but I survived it. You will too. I wish you and your wife smooth flying after you get through this turbulence.

Try to learn for the divorce. If you do, it will help you be happier down the road.
    John

System:
    ASUS P5Q SE/R
    Intel Q9550 O/C to 3.4 GHz
    4 GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
    300 GB WD 10,000 RPM Raptor SATA Drive
    GeForce 8800 GT 512 KB RAM
    Matrox TH2Go with three 19" Sumsung 940 BX
    IR Track 4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast