Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Tileproxy beta 7

Has anyone tried this? I sent an email asking if it has any conflicts with Ultimate Traffic or add-on airports. Looks promising.
    "WHAT IS TILEPROXY?

Created as FREEWARE by Christian Buchner, it's a real-time interface between Microsoft's Flight Simulator X and the Internet. It will download photo-terrain textures from online map services by acting as a proxy server and file format converter. This tool turns your Flight Simulator into an interactive 3D map browser unlike anything you have experienced before. In FSX resolution levels of up to 30cm per pixel can now be achieved. It may also be used with Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) though texture resolution is limited to 4.75 meters per pixel, (as pictured above...still very nice!). With the latest version (Beta 7) Dual Core (and above) PC's now experience very fast load times in FSX. For older machines, FS9 will enjoy faster load times than FSX however. Recent versions of TileProxy now also include global water masks so FS water bodies and shorelines, with the usual reflections and FS water effects, are present!"

May try it out on my new machine

Main site http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/
    Awsome shots of the Florida Keys (before FAY) http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/keys/floridakeys.htm

75+ Posting Member

That looks awesome.....
    Might just be what converts me to FSX.
    We are starting to see some really good addons coming out now.
    Think I'll install FSX and see how it runs on my new pc as I never could run it on my old one.
    Thanks for the link

Paul

Here is a reply from the designer on my above questions
    "Hi Chuck,

I use FS Traffic and it seems to work just fine as it involves the FS AI interface and not the ground textures interface. Also, most scenery addons seem to work great too as they render ON TOP of the TP ground textures. The ALIGNMENT of runways and taxiways of the addon (compared to the real world textures from TP beneath them) however is of course hit and miss. Good Luck and Happy Landings!

-Ed"

500+ This must be a daytime job

With previous versions of TP Beta in FSX, speeds of more than 80-100 knots, would "outrun" the texture loading rather quickly, causing recurrent blurries. Now, thanks to Christian's brilliant programming, if you have a Dual Core or better machine, the latest (Beta 7) version of TileProxy enjoys faster tile loading in FSX than previous versions. Speeds of up to 150 to 200 knots have been reported by users using very fast machines with robust hardware and speedy internet connections. Your mileage may vary.
    at those speeds im in the approach/on the tarmac...so too busy to watch the scenery.

great for VFR flights though...those screenshots in FSX look amazing (FS9 wasnt that special i think).

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com