Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    For my commercial long X-country I flew a 172RG from KCPS in Cahokia to KEYW. That was an adventure, but I didn't have much bad WX to contend with.

Are you ferrying a plane for the school?

I used to get free time by ferrying the school's fleet up to Alton for radio certifications. They were only 30 minute flights each way, but it sure adds up.
    Been to Keyw a few times. Yep, ferrying airplanes to avoid the hurricane, turns out we should of just stayed in Miami to begin with. Got about 2 hours of actual on the way up, probably will get another 2 going back, just got my waiver, airplanes fueling up, going to call FSS and file again.

Quote Originally Posted by WJH308 View Post
    I As I write this, I am stuck in X04, in Orlando waiting to depart back to Miami in a C172, inside a Hurricane, with no Mode C, with a presidential TFR coming, waiting to hear back with a Waiver to depart into class C with no mode C... Scud run the low ceiling in Class G with power lines near by to pick up the IFR clearence... And if I don't go, well I get to stay in a FBO all day long... This is the last time I do this for the flight school.
    So, I guess we are both waiting for the president, I'm doing the detail.......in the rain..............all day.............. Your in Apopka and he's restricting your flight. Enjoy the bumpy ride

Quote Originally Posted by DAL900 View Post
    So, I guess we are both waiting for the president, I'm doing the detail.......in the rain..............all day.............. Your in Apopka and he's restricting your flight. Enjoy the bumpy ride
    Well, we can go IFR, only problem is that the fuel pump is dead, waiting for it to get fixed. We have some fuel, enough to get to Lakeland, but not enough to file IFR, have an alternate and the alternate fuel requirements. So I wait...
    Right now LAL fails the 1 2 3 rule. Can't go VFR due to TFR...

Bill,
    Nice flying my friend Better landing than some i have seen on the line! Welcome btw.

Mike Leavy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12