Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Saitek TQ, CH Yoke

Greetings Captains. My configuration has stopped working correctly. I am using a CH USB Yoke, and two Saitek TQ's. I have calibrated all in WindowsXP , disabled joysticks in FS9, and configured these properly in FSUIPC. They have worked fine in the past. As of late, I "lose' an axis on one or the other TQ. (after i unplugged for cleaning) The joysticks are still disabled in FS9, there are no double or automatically recurring assignments in FS9. FSUIPC sees the axis from time to time but not always, and when I go to move the afflicted throttle, it goes from 0 to 100% nothing in the middle. I have moved all three usb inputs to differnt ports, alternating some in hub, some in back of CPU. There is no constant, i lose an axis in one of the TQ's each time. Advice?

Boeing 777 Builder

How do they look in Windows Game controller setup? Do you lose them in here as well? Is it only the Saitek TQ's or do you also lose some of the CH axis as well?

Sometimes FS will reassign the axis if you unplug the USB port, but if you've checked it in FS then this hasn't happened. Just be sure to go right through all the joystick controller listed to make sure the X,Y,R,Z etc axis haven't been reinstated. It's a bugger for doing this. During many reconfiguration changes in my system I have had to go through each joystick key assignment and remove them again.

Also you can try deleting you fs9.cfg file and restart FS and it will rebuild it from scratch, but you will then have to reassign all your custom keys mapping.

Failing that there could well be something wrong with the Saitek joystick USB controller. I have heard many horror stories about Saitek yokes and throttles.

Good luck,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

I've lost #1 throttle control in the past. Some times for days on end. FSUIPC just will not recognize the axis. Windows sees it in the calibration routine, but it still won't work sometimes.

I now use FSUIPC for everything but the throttle. I find it calibrates easier in FS and I've never lost a throttle since then.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!