Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE:A320 Project

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Thanks Dave but I already saw that site and it brings up more questions that in answers for me.
    I have spent a lot of time looking at the complicated bit with the electronics and now find that basic things like measurements or templates or drawings are not available. It's the first depressing set back since I decided this would be a good thing to do. I am beginning to wonder now!

Skywatch (I was out watching the Vulcan today!!!)
    Hi Skywatch.. One thing in this hobby you will have to come to grips with is COMPROMISE.... If you can not do this well then you are going to be in trouble. Without compromise you will spend a lot and I mean a lot of your time frustrated. There are some things that we just can not get like the multi million $$ sims or the real cockpit.. Just can not be done so we have to compromise... Also are you building a scale model or a working simulator? If you are willing to accept some compromise you will be in the air a lot faster and a lot happyer. Just my 2 cents...
    Bob Reed

75+ Posting Member

Trevor, Ivar and Bob.

Thank you all for your replies.

Can any of you tell me the following please.

1. Do the throttles have mechanical indents at the various gate settings or are they smooth all the way from full rev to full fwd?

2. How far does the real airbus flap handle have to be pulled up to allow a change in setting?

3. Are the rudder pedals hinged at the bottom (heel) end of the plate for the purposes of applying brakes. Or are they pivoted half way up the pedal plate?

4. Does the gear lever need to be pulled out from the MIP to move or is it freely moveable, just like a big switch?

5. Does the gear lever have 2 positions (up and down) or is there a third position in the middle where all hydraulic pressure is 'off'?

6. Is the speed brake lever smooth and unrestricted? i.e. no pulling etc needed, just a lever?

7. What is the diameter of the trim wheels?

These are the most pressing things on my mind right now and I can't get these answers from a photo. So if anyone reading this knows the answer to ANY of the above I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Skywatch

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Airbus

Well there is an A320 Forum that it is moderated by a real A-320 pilot maybe if you would search just a bit more on this site Youll find most of the answers...

75+ Posting Member

Thanks Dodiano,

Now found the forums I think you were referring to. Looks like a lot of info there so will spend some time going through it all before I post any questions. I hope that the person who started this thread is also going to have a look!

Cheers,

Skywatch

75+ Posting Member

I will try to answer as much as I can, but keep in mind that I am (unfortunately) not a RW pilot. I just have friends that work(ed) at Airbus (rather at Eurocontrol, but on loan to Airbus or something).

1. Do the throttles have mechanical indents at the various gate settings or are they smooth all the way from full rev to full fwd?
    They are smooth from idle to the first detent, which I believe is CL. From CL and up to TOGA, it is only detents. I believe that it is smoot from idle reverse to full reverse.

5. Does the gear lever have 2 positions (up and down) or is there a third position in the middle where all hydraulic pressure is 'off'?
    No, there are only two positions.

6. Is the speed brake lever smooth and unrestricted? i.e. no pulling etc needed, just a lever?
    I don't believe so. I think you have 4 "gates" that you can choose from. For arming the deploying of speed brakes on landing, you have to lift the handle up and towards the nose of the airplane.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,
    Boaz

Airbus

Pittsburg,
    That is an interesting name Boaz is that your actual name/ Also Dodiano ( roberto) is an A320 RW pilot Im sure he can help.

Tim

75+ Posting Member

Thanks for the info Boaz, I will shortly try posting on the Airbus forum here and see if I can get the info needed.

Skywatch

Hi Skywatch

I am new with my project on this forum, but I think I have most of things you need. Have a look to my website http://www.a320-project.skalarki.co.uk. You can seemy curent stage of project. For registered users there will be a lot of downloads available including all drawings to build A320.

Any questions, will be happy to help.

Marcin

500+ This must be a daytime job

Hi skywatch,

The stuff you are looking for is the same stuff I have been assmbling and asking questions about. I am not sure where I found it, but I also have an awesome Google Sketchup file of an A320 build. I have been working on the throttles mostly to this point and would be happy to share my efforts with you, perhaps you can point out areas where I can improve them.

buddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12