Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Anybody Using Ariane Studios B737-XXX

Just curious if anybody is using Ariane Studios B737-XXX for MS FS9 or FSX?

Just want to know what others think of the models/aircraft so on.... I just purchased mine (FS9 B737-800), the activation process seems to be a bit lengthy event, so I'm still waiting for a activation code.

In the mean time I would like to know what others think or any recommendations of using their ad on.

Matt Olieman

500+ This must be a daytime job mauriceb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    Just curious if anybody is using Ariane Studios B737-XXX for MS FS9 or FSX?

Just want to know what others think of the models/aircraft so on.... I just purchased mine (FS9 B737-800), the activation process seems to be a bit lengthy event, so I'm still waiting for a activation code.

In the mean time I would like to know what others think or any recommendations of using their ad on.

Matt Olieman

I very reluctantly bought their 737-900 for FSX. Reluctantly because I had read many negative comments about Ariane design. I now wish I had listened to these comments.

My reasons? Several come to mind but the most important is that they seem mostly interested in protecting their software from piracy to the point that you can't even print their PDF manuals. If you want a printed copy, you have to buy it from them.

The 900 model comes without any liveries (not even one), only unpainted aluminum and no way to do any repaints if you were so inclined. Again you have to buy everything from them.

When flying at night, I could not turn on any outside lights and they were not willing to help in any way since I am using their software in a flight deck without their panels. I understand it is their business and they need to protect it, but I'm sure they could have told me how to turn lights on with a key combination or FSUIPC or something else if they were interested in helping me. Basically, my impression is that you must get everything from them (if they offer it) or else you are totally out of luck. Not a very good model of customer service in my books.

As far a the flight model is concerned, it seems OK but not any better than using FS9 PMDG with FSX and PMDG has a lot less hassles. To me, this software seems dedicated to desktop simming and not very useful in a flight deck in its current form (I'm not using it now). But that is my opinion only; others may have different views.

Maurice

3. Thanks W9XE/Project777, James Twomey, Matt Olieman thanked for this post

Thanks for your comments Maurice, that's helpful, sharing your knowledge and experience of the product.

I just bought the 737-800 for FS9 version (download). I was able to print the PDF files.

I agree with you Maurice, the software protection policy is the toughest I've encountered and from my perspective, extremely time consuming. I've had the software installed about a week. Still haven't been able to get it activated, there's been several communications back and forth. I've received activation codes, but they continue to be invalid. I'm still working on it.

Otherwise, personally I've heard fantastic reports regarding the model and aircraft.

I am curious what hardware/software is compatible with this plane? And, I agree again with Maurice, this may only be good for the desktop pilot.

Matt Olieman

500+ This must be a daytime job mauriceb's Avatar

Matt,

You may also be interested in an e-mail thread I had with them. My unedited questions are in bold blue and their unedited answers in bold black (my comments in bold red). They have contradicted themselves and given me erroneous information, thus my distrust for anything they say or do in the future. It would take a lot for me to regain any confidence in them.

But as I said earlier, this is my experience only and I know that they also have many happy customers, but I would be surprised if any of them are flight deck builders. If anybody here is, please share your experiences with us. I would be glad to find out I am wrong as I do like the model and would still like to use it if I could.

Maurice

> I have one question which is also a question that many flight deck builders would like to know as well. You may be aware that the FS9 PMDG version of the 737 is used as a flight model only by many flight deck builders.

We have more people preferring our three part FDx. Its more accurate and preferred by real 737 pilots. No idea what this is

> Those converting to FSX (me included) have been anxiously waiting for an FSX version of the 737 from PMDG which may still be along time away.

They have many problems. They are eagerly poring over our code to try to answer them. We have thrown in a few spoilers to help them )

> I along with many other 737 flight builders would love an alternative to PMDG right now. Ariane seems like a beautiful product and I would buy it right away if I knew for sure it would work with the Project Magenta software if I don't use any of the panels from the Ariane model.

It does. Really!. Not what they told me later

> In other words, I need just the flight model (and external views of course) since I do not need to see the cockpit interior views (including FMC, overhead etc..) in my flight deck.

If you buy the new FSX version, there is a view called COCKPIT which is laterally and vertically pannable and also allows you to run the FDx separate. Nothing to do with my question

> I know that some people have used the FS9 Ariane flight model only with their flight deck & Project Magenta software, so I'm wondering if anything might have changed that would make this no longer possible.

Nothing that we know of has changed.

And on a follow up e-mail where I asked about turning lights on, here is my question & their answer which totally contradicts what they said above about using PM software (see the black bold sections above & below):

> Could you please elaborate on this a bit more. I'm not asking to make this work with PM software; all I want to know is if it is possible to turn exterior & landing lights via keyboard commands. The L key only seems to turn the interior cockpit lights. I need to turn the navigation & landing lights. Can you do this with keyboard commands and if yes, what are they? And what is the 'lights option' you are referring to?

"We cannot make our software work with PM. Its not possible. You could program one of the lights to work with L or the lights option..."
    L does not work for me

6. Thanks W9XE/Project777 thanked for this post

Thanks again Maurice. It lets our builders know, this is not friendly, for Flight-Sim (deck) builders use.

Folks, keep in mind, we're just relating this to the builder, not the desktop simmer. This may be an excellent desktop simming airplane. Matter of fact I still hope to get my activation problem solved so I can play with this thing

Matt Olieman

My reply is for a fully automated flight sim not desktop flying, so here is my input.

I bought the 737-800 & Delta add-on livery. I think its overpriced since it doesn't come with any liveries(personal opinion). I had questions about landing and runway lights turning off independantly with phidgets, and all I got was a thousand yard stare reply. When pressed, they finally said they couldn't be programmed seperately and their was not enough demand... got that same reply from Project Openskies but a little "snottier" from one of the designers. His reply caused me to stop using their product all together (even though its free).
    Just my 2 cents..which doesn't go very far in todays economy
    Last edited by DAL900; 08-05-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: because

Thumbs down End of my story and research on Ariane, I'm done!!!

Well, I've got to tell you. I went at this with a real positive attitude trying to legitimately find out how compatible Ariane Studios 737 is with other devices or software. The more I dig the deeper it gets.

I signed up on their web site early last week. Saw some posts, and one was whether PM was compatible with Ariane. Ariane Representative said "We don't support PM here."

Of course the original poster came back and said, "Sorry, but I don't need support for PM but I have post a question for best use the 737 Arianne with PM."

I posted regarding the PM question, being a legitimate question and asked for some help regarding compatibility such the GoFlight MCP.... I got a lecture about PM, if you own PM software ..... Oh heck!!!! LMAO I'll just post what he said. I'll probably get booted off this site... Oh BTW, the reference to me advertising.... because I sign my name like below... So the gain is not me, it would be my fellow sim builders

Matt Olieman
    www.mycockpit.org

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:40 pm Post subject:

I think I covered Go in other threads.

As far as supporting PM, I meant that we do not support their software with our software but that would not be the point. What would be the point is what you want it for beyond that. That would be up to you to talk to Ariane direct and not do it here.

If anyone or you are using our software to build a professional cockpit and you would most certianly be thinking of making money somewhere along the line (and be honest anyone who is because if you get found out like a little company in Europe did then you will get stung with a huge legal bill like they did)

You need to do the right thing and get a professional license since Ariane's software is NOT licensed to make money on OR to train with.

One m ore little thing. Please don't advertise on our forum Matt. If you want to then please ask the folks at Ariane first. What I mean here is that I don't want is a huge amount of people posting questions and 'casually' signing off with a website to click on and go to. You are using the forum to guide people (Ariane customers) to a site for gain. That is not ethical.

I think we made that one of the more fairest of the rules here.

Thanks.

Ed

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Looks like the type of company that I won't be doing business with. There's to may companies that give great customer service to waste time with one like this.

Jim

Has an overtone of bitterness. I can absolutely understand a company protecting their products, but replys like that should be private in my opinion. Why don't they just come out and say that they don't support anything but their product......period. I saw this attitude at the show in denver a couple of years ago. Needless to say that booth was vacant of simmers.

PS, thank goodness Maurice took the plunge and then shared his experience.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

75+ Posting Member James Twomey's Avatar

Wow...... Well, That saved me a bunch of money. I had thought about getting the software just a couple of weeks ago, and decided to research more into it before taking the plung!!!! Talk about timing!
    James Twomey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast