Thread: Hello!

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello!

Hello everyone,

Fresh newbie saying hi from The Netherlands!
    My name is Sander and I'm a flightsim fan for more than a decade now. Over the years my interest for home built cockpits has been growing slowly but steadily, but have always put my dream of having my own self-made flightdeck away mainly due to lack of funds.
    But now I find my dream becoming something resembling a plan... well, vaguely resembling what you could call a plan, if you use the term loosely.

My dream is to eventually have a fullsize and completely functional Embraer ERJ145 cockpit. But for now I don't even have space for a complete cockpit...
    My preliminary idea is not a full cockpit, but half of it: the captain's side, but with center pedestal and overhead panel. I realise that my choice for the ERJ145 also sets me up for plently of challenges... apparently there's next to nothing prefab, in contrast to the B737 for instance. I'm not afraid of having to learn new skills, but I do like to keep things simple.

My basic ideas so far:

1) It doesn't need to be an exact 1:1 replica of the real deal. If things turn out to be slightly larger or slightly smaller than the actual thing, it's fine as long as its function-look-feel is good. For instance, because of space limitations, the overhead panel might probably be situated more over the left-hand seat instead of centered over the pedestal.
    2) It will only be the captain's panel, but with pedestal and overhead.
    3) I want to build as much of it myself as possible, with used/scrapped material as much as possible to save money.

I have a ton of questions, but the biggest one of all is this one: Is this a project with a realistic chance of success? I guess time will tell. There is still a lot of research to be done

Cheerio,

Sander

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Welcome to the site.

I didn't have room for a whole 727 nose in my sim room either. So I did what you plan, I built half of it.

Half is better than none!

You can do it. Don't second guess your ingenuity or creativity just because there are no off-the-shelf parts available. I didn't have any either.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!