25+ Posting Member Norbert-EDDV's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question CDU: Strange values on my takeoff page

Hello Cockpitbuilders,
    since about two weeks I have a strange problem with my CDU. On the TAKEOFF page I have values like V1=7 or Vr=9. Also in the anouncements of pmsounds these values are valid. So when I begin to taxi I immediately receive the agreeable voice of the PM-lady "V1 ... rotate". But on the speed tape on PFD I can see the correct green values i.e. V1=109.

I am using version 394 with the 737-700txt file from Bob Scott (same problem by using other txt-files). Before I now start to upgrade to the latest versions of PM CDU, GC and MCP I want to solve this problem.
    I assume that there must be a context to the aircraft. Because when I change to the standard MS 777-300 I get correct values on startup. But as soon as I change the fuel values in FS2004 immediately the values change to unrealistic values.
    When I use my personal standard A/C (mixture of PMDG model and MS 737-400 panel) I don't get any normal values neither at startup nor when changing the fuel values.

The start of my problem was when I changed my old PC with CDU to a faster new PC. I ran the complete setup program with input of the new key and after this I copied the files from the old CDU installation to the new one.

Anybody has an idea?

Greetings
    Norbert

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert-EDDV View Post
    Hello Cockpitbuilders,
    since about two weeks I have a strange problem with my CDU. On the TAKEOFF page I have values like V1=7 or Vr=9. Also in the anouncements of pmsounds these values are valid. So when I begin to taxi I immediately receive the agreeable voice of the PM-lady "V1 ... rotate". But on the speed tape on PFD I can see the correct green values i.e. V1=109.

I am using version 394 with the 737-700txt file from Bob Scott (same problem by using other txt-files). Before I now start to upgrade to the latest versions of PM CDU, GC and MCP I want to solve this problem.
    I assume that there must be a context to the aircraft. Because when I change to the standard MS 777-300 I get correct values on startup. But as soon as I change the fuel values in FS2004 immediately the values change to unrealistic values.
    When I use my personal standard A/C (mixture of PMDG model and MS 737-400 panel) I don't get any normal values neither at startup nor when changing the fuel values.

The start of my problem was when I changed my old PC with CDU to a faster new PC. I ran the complete setup program with input of the new key and after this I copied the files from the old CDU installation to the new one.

Anybody has an idea?

Greetings
    Norbert
    Hi Norbert,

Seems to me like you need to reselect your aircraft systems file.
    On the project Magenta website in the download section, they have a multitude of different aircraft system files, download the one that matches the aircraft you use, and insert it in your cdu directory.

Then using the cdu, select the new aircraft system file that you are running.

Just a thought,

Trev

25+ Posting Member Norbert-EDDV's Avatar

Thx Trevor, but this was not the reason.

After some nerve-wracking hours of try and errors I found it, but I'm a little bit ashamed to post the real cause here ...

The ZFW in the CDU was set to " 0 ".

So it wasn't a wonder that my 737 wanted to lift off like a feather in the wind on taxi speed.
    As I changed it to 83000 pounds everything was OK.
    Greetings
    Norbert

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

LOL.

We all do that from time to time... No worries, glad you got it sorted.

Trev

150+ Forum Groupie

Thumbs up Weights and weights

Hello Norbert,
    since I fly the same a/c model, my attention was caught by the weight you mentioned as a zfw.
    I normally look at 83 Klbs as a BOEW, that is a basic operating EMPTY weight, not as a realistic ZFW, unless you go for a ferry flight.
    Passengers, baggage and any extra cargo (company mail, etc.) greatly add to that value, so that you should get to weight some more 25/30 Klbs as a realistic ZFW, depending on how many pax you boarded, before you calculate the specific incidence of fuel ...
    Happy flying,
    Eu
    Happy landings and always three greens !!

Eu