Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Has anyone tested the Airbus Type updates?
    Luis Gordo
    Instructor StationTM - www.iStationGordo.com

Hi Louis,

indeed , I updated last night and made a flight... the changelogs mention maintenance updates. I have the impression just the build numbers were updated... I am really getting pissed off ....
    All issues I have send for the last two years to PM are still there.....
    I havent seen any improvement at all....

If Enrico would at least mention what exactly is supposed to have been addressed we could send him feedback weather its solved or not...

Greetz Peter

PS : one thing though...I did not have to step back... the new build seem not to have broken anything....
    I have send two or three days ago a mail about the new problems seen with swapping PFD/ND and maybe he is on vacation since no reply what so ever...

25+ Posting Member Norbert-EDDV's Avatar

Today I have updated CDU, MCP and GC software.
    After this I made an IVAO online flight from EDDB to EDDN. On the route page I put in the airways BELID Y204 LODRO M736 TABAT T192 NIBIL. Then I chose on the DEP/ARR page the departure runway and SID from Berlin and the arrival runway and STAR for Nurnberg. CRZ Fl 240.
    Takeoff and turn on autopilot.
    I did not have any problems in automatic flight on SID. No unexpected heading change or unexpected Hispeed. The A/C brave worked off the inputs from CDU.
    Also on CRZ no problems by flying the route.
    On arrival I had to turn off LNAV and VNAV because I received radar vectors from controller.
    This first flight with the new updates made lot of fun for me !
    Greetings
    Norbert

75+ Posting Member

You can activate the AFT-Overhead in the PM-Systems Menu! After activating it you will get a graphic like the forward panel with many working funktions as i see.

I can only test it via software, so its not sure it works real.

- IRS Alignment knobs works
    - Flaps/ Slats works
    -Crew Oxygen gauge works
    - Speed/ Stall-test works

-Iam not sure about the outputs of some funktions...

Nice to see the aprovements

Thomas

Well, I updated all programs (except pmSystems, as there seemed to be some changes in the a320 logics file -indeed it would be nice if any changes were somehow highlighted or pointed out-).

I noticed no changes from previous versions either. Would be nice if PM told us what changes they made.
    Luis Gordo
    Instructor StationTM - www.iStationGordo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert-EDDV View Post
    I did not have any problems in automatic flight on SID. No unexpected heading change or unexpected Hispeed. The A/C brave worked off the inputs from CDU.
    Also on CRZ no problems by flying the route.
    On arrival I had to turn off LNAV and VNAV because I received radar vectors from controller.
    Norbert
    Norbert,
    What you describe is a part that never gave problems in the past either. Most if not all of the LNAV/VNAV problems seem to occur during the descent phase of the flight or when selecting a STAR for your arrival. You turned off VNAV & LNAV at a crucial time here, so you would have missed any of these issues (manual intervention works great and always did).

Try doing a flight where you don't disconnect VNAV or LNAV until close to landing and see what you find out. Also try selecting a STAR when you program the CDU and then change it during the flight. For me, almost every time, I have the long known issue of the plane changing course until you press Execute and apparently others have as well with this release.

All & all, this is still a great program but several thorny issues are still not resolved. If you disconnect VNAV for the descent and have minimal manual intervention for LNAV, everything works great and is probably the way to enjoy your flight more than if you let everything be automatic. Otherwise, you might as well take off and then leave your sim until it's time to shut it off

But no harm in pointing out remaining issues so that PM know they are still around, although I can't imagine that they would not be aware of that.

Maurice

25+ Posting Member Norbert-EDDV's Avatar

Try doing a flight where you don't disconnect VNAV or LNAV until close to landing and see what you find out. Also try selecting a STAR when you program the CDU and then change it during the flight. For me, almost every time, I have the long known issue of the plane changing course until you press Execute and apparently others have as well with this release.
    Maurice,
    today I made a flight from EDDB to EDDV. Because I wanted to test the STAR changing I made this flight without IVAO Online flight (half of fun).
    Preparing the flight I put in the route BELID Y203 HLZ. For takeoff in Berlin I chose the Rwy25L with BELID SID. For arrival in Hannover I chose Rwy27L with HLZ4P arrival. CRZ FL160.

Okay.Takeoff. Gear up. LNAV, VNAV and A/T engaged.

Round about VOR HLZ I assumed that winds had changed and contoller gave me now Rwy09R expecting for arrival.

In CDU I put into the DEP/ARR page ERASE DEP and then I chose Rwy09R together with new HLZ4R STAR. EXEC - Done!

I did not had any problems until touchdown on Rwy09R.
    Do I make anything wrong for that I am excluded from the bugs ?

I agree with you that it is a great software and of course I don't believe that all bugs are eliminated now, though we paid a lot of money. But I have the sense that they are continously working on it and anyway I think it is a good way to motivate with positive feedbacks.
    Greetings
    Norbert

I did several testflights (EBOS-EDDP and EBOS-LEMD-EBOS) with the lastest builds .
    (GC 454, MCP 426 CDU 396 PM Sys 112). I also used the latest NAVDATA from Navigrpah.

I notice that NONE of the well know issues with the uptodate NAVDATA are solved.
    When entering a RWY for the destination airport in DEP/ARR, a major part of the previous entered AWY data is gone. When re-entering that data, it ends up below the RWY info of the destination airport. Idem when entering the full STAR. This comes up every time, at the ground, preflight or in flight changes.

Also there is still a tendency to turn very sharp to the waypoint, before switching over to the next one. (Certainly when strong upper winds are in force) The result is a "Z" flight on a straight line

These are all very well known issues, reported several times by me and others to support.

In the GC sofware (B744 version) there are still these bugs regarding the APU N1 not spoiling up in the STAT page and the wrong tankassigment in the fuel page.

Also these bugs are well known and reported to PM support.

In the GC there is now even a new bug regarding the Flight mode Annunciators. When LNAV is active and HDGSEL button is pushed, it should disarm LNAV (what it do), but LNAV remains in the FMA, It should change to HDGSEL (what it always did before the new build.

So all I can say is that after month's of waiting for new builds, I'm very disappointed. They are stable builds, but what has been changed is a mystery for me.

Well send again a message to support ...

B. Rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

25+ Posting Member

Hello Michel,

I confirm your words. I've the same problem with my Boeing 737. Have sended my feedback to Enrico last Saturday and yesterday.
    Will wait for a solution.

Best Regards

Marco
    Marc Manandise
    www.manandise.be

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert-EDDV View Post
    I did not had any problems until touchdown on Rwy09R.
    Do I make anything wrong for that I am excluded from the bugs ?
    Norbert,

You are indeed a very fortunate fellow if you are not seeing any of the
    problems several others are seeing now . If I were you, I would back up everything now & never make another change .

If you do have a secret cure though, I would be willing to pay big bucks for it

Maurice

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast