Thread: Vox Ac50cp2

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Vox Ac50cp2

My son finally fanagled my Fender FM212 solid-state amp from me on his last visit home from Okinawa. He's had his eye on it ever since I got it three years ago.

I never really liked this amp. One, because it's solid state and sounds dirty, and two, because it's either OFF or super LOUD. There is very little leeway on the volume control even with the gain turned all the way down. It was very irritating to play when you can't get the volume level you want. Reviewers said the same thing, but I didn't know that until I did some research after the fact.

I'll probably be getting a nasty phone call from his wife in the next two weeks.

Enter the VOX AC50CP2 50 watt combo amp. It arrived today from AMS. What a sweet sounding amp.The clean is the cleanest clean I've ever heard, and I've played through many famous-name tube amps.

You can hear the tubes being driven into distortion and it sounds so good it's indescribeable. I've only played with it for an hour, but from what I've heard I don't think there is any sound you can't get out of this amp, except for maybe death-metal which I don't play anyway.

For British Blues, Rock, Classic Rock, R&B, and nearly anything else, this will be the last amp I buy. You can dial in nearly anything and I didn't even have any pedals hooked up nor the rack unit.

If you haven't heard one you owe it to yourself to give it a try if you get the chance. Awesome amp for under a grand.

Shipping weight was 92 pounds and I had to take it out of the box on the front porch. Unpacked it is 78 pounds. I thought I'd need another man and a boy to get this monster into the house. Now I know why bands have roadies.

Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!