Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

LoSIOC - Interfacing Lock On with MasterCard

Hi all,
    Since original thread is in French, and my knowledge of foreign languages extends only to Egnlish, I woul like to use this place to discuss how to interface Lock On with MasterCard using LoSIOC.

Triggerhappy has most of the answers, and I would hate to loose his knowledge in the mess of PM's over various forums.

This is the main discussion about LoSIOC:
    3rd wing Dev Zone

Ansers that I received so far concluded to this:
    - you need Master Card
    - download the software : SIOC for programming ( Download Sioc ver 3.5 ) and the IOCard Tests softwares ( IO Card Software 3.2 )
    - download LoSIOC

But then what next? LoSIOC and all tutorials and discussions are in French. I do not know how to work with it propreply.

What is the order to start the applications?

What about LUA script? LockOn need LUA, so how is it generated and enabled?

Cheers

10+ Posting Member Triggerhappy's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Babalui View Post
    Hi all,
    Since original thread is in French, and my knowledge of foreign languages extends only to Egnlish, I woul like to use this place to discuss how to interface Lock On with MasterCard using LoSIOC.

Triggerhappy has most of the answers, and I would hate to loose his knowledge in the mess of PM's over various forums.

This is the main discussion about LoSIOC:
    3rd wing Dev Zone

Ansers that I received so far concluded to this:
    - you need Master Card
    - download the software : SIOC for programming ( Download Sioc ver 3.5 ) and the IOCard Tests softwares ( IO Card Software 3.2 )
    - download LoSIOC

But then what next? LoSIOC and all tutorials and discussions are in French. I do not know how to work with it propreply.

What is the order to start the applications?

Cheers

WoW..! I'll do my best to make it simple.

THE WHOLE "THING" (from now called system)

Let me first of all say..!
    I really love both the Opencockpits products.

Because i think they fill the , well let's be honest and face it, somewhat speciall needs us Pitbuilders might have...
    ... I'm talking about electronics dude? .... ELECTRONICS..!

I know that I am one of them! And I bet we have all had our moments.. right..? When you realize that you are more of a "maybe this was a bad idea, now I see it actually means learnig boring stuff".." Pitbuider.

Allthough you have stared for hours on the masters on mycockpit.org , Viperpit.org or FSCockpit and all...?

SOIC
    ..And then the software developers like magicians just abracadabra out some software that can make your cockpits bells-and-whistels do all you desire..! IF you talk the language..!

And it's got the simplest basic principle to..!
    It listens to the other SIOC programs constantly. .!
    It listen both within the computer, and out on the network.
    It talks only to the one program you tell it to when you want it to, saying only what you tell it to say..!

I know a couple who could bebefit from more of that.. LoL..!

The SIOC runs on either your LockOn PC.
    ..Or on both that one, and on other computers running both Opencockpits software, software for projecting instruments on a screen and the SIOC softare.

So you got listeners everywhere that can talk to each other through SIOC, and YOU're the one who get to decide..! If yo only got the basics of it..! SOIC simply does:

Either:
    - ..before sounding the alarm, and flash bright red lights in correct order all over the pit, it confirms that as long as you flip THAT swich next your still ok!..... But then...!
    Or:
    ... It listens... and LockOn (while blabbering out absolutely everything) tells it that you forgot to drain the turbines 'cause that value is to high...
    So, judged by the internal tubine temperature (again by just listening to LockOn.... which it does all the time remember..?)
    the SOIC softeare decide by elimination, or random, what to do next..!

.. And what it will do to you.. depending on what type person you are i guess.. LMAO..!

Conclusion:
    .. So for SIOC it's always: Listen - think and do - send a value, or order, to all, or special software...

This means that allthough LockOn is based on a relative few and selective inputs through keys, the rest can you setup and run in SIOC before telling LockOn to increase flaps.. Cool or what..!

THE OTHER PROGRAMS
    Are the small progs running with every IOCard, instruments simulation program like LOVP or Simmeters or whatever you want to be influenced by LockOn or SIOC.

What programs to run and in what order?

First!
    You edit the .ini files for every card because this need to be correct! The .ini file is the file that tell the software of each card where to listen (IP adress) and where to talk.
    Just Edit this according to manual. It's looks realy complex. But you only edit some values and leave the rest alone..

Now run the software for mastercard, USB Servo, LCD Display card or whatever.. they have a card for almost everything.

Second!
    Then I ran SIOC on both my LockOn computer and the 2nd computer with the most IOcards..
    (I had a USB Keys card connected to my LockOn computer for testing and thought I would see how it works with two SIOC Servers..

Third!
    I started playing with LockOn..! And after some tries, and typing the right USB nimber in my .ini files it was up and running..

The bit I have bothered to acctaully conect stuff to LO/FC, the programs for the the different cards ( had the Mastercard and a USB Servocard) got started on my nr.2 computer first...
    (that would be the sioc.exe,
    Then I ran SIOC

small digression:
    I have noticed that by using the "new" sub-routines that they have give examples off on DCS Homepage at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=567&scr=default&lang=en)
    .. in the EXPORT.LUA file you can have additional subroutines.. Probably real practical for sending the right value to SIOC or Opencockpits Card..? Instead of recalculating the vaue on every single on of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Babalui View Post
    PS, erm, hot to wire the outputs? MSC manual says only where 5V and GND are, but does not explain how to connect outputs - could you explain that on the above thread, please?
    Sure.. I'll dio that tomorrow and post some links to a couple of good sites.. But now I have to sleep.. Night mate

Pc no.1: Asus P4KC motherboard, Inetl Core 2 Duo 2,4GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, Geforce Quatro 7300FX, Modded Cougar and DIY Pedals, (main Pc running LockOn)
    Pc No.2: Asus Motherboard, Pentuim4 DualCore 2,4GHz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM, Geforce 7300 Gx, (Used to control IOCards from Opencockpits.)